Quantcast

What's your favorite RPG game?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by thecorinthian, Nov 17, 2015.

1. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

When I was much younger my siblings introduced me to an MMORPG game called Ragnarok. It was the first pay to play massive gaming network 11 years ago but it was beaten out by second life, WoW and other games but then it was the best I've ever played and it's still my favorite due to nostalgia. So what's your favorite game?

2. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member Regular

My favorite game of all time is D&D. Live with a group of players. Nothing like rolling 20 siders.

3. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I will always love Morrowind, since that was the game that really got me into RPGs, since while I did enjoy playing the Pokemon games, I did it to past the time and I wasn't a die hard fan.

4. p4lse

p4lse Active Member Regular

My favorite RPG would most definitely have to be Pokemon series. I'm not sure if it might not qualify as an RPG but it definitely was the game tat I had spent most of my hours on. I invested a lot of my time and emotions on that game and it was worth it. Till this date, I'm proud that's my favorite game.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I actually "fell in love" with The Witcher 3. It's probably one of the most detailed games I've ever played, I've had a blast so far and I'm not even done. Hat's off!

6. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

As far as MMO's go, FF14 is easily my favorite. The amount of time I've dumped into that game is pretty insane. If we're talking about RPG's in general, I'm a huge fan of Xenoblade. Gorgeous world and graphics, amazing music and fun gameplay. When it's all said and done though, it's hard to choose just one game as my favorite.

7. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I would count it as an RPG since you're leveling up and customizing your Pokemon, rather than the trainer. Pokemon Blue was my first handheld RPG while Morrowind was my first console RPG.

8. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

My favorite RPG of all time is Baldur`s Gate II. That game revolutionized RPG gaming all by itself and brought in a new golden age of RPGs for the PC, in a time, when there wasn`t really much to choose from. Everything, from the gameplay, to the music, was excellent and I would recommend it to any RPG fan to play through at least once.

9. shadejb

shadejb Well-Known Member Regular

Mine would have to be FF7. The turn based gameplay is still good for today, and the story is so grand it feels like an adventure, with all the twists and turns. The fact that I still play it to this day is a testament to its strength.

10. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

It's either the original Deus Ex or Morrowind. They were revolutionary for their time, and while there are a lot of copycats in existence, I find that many of them are quite "soulless" for the lack of a better word.

11. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Yup, I have to agree. Group of good friends and a good DM and I can play this game for days.

As far as video game RPGs go, I think Skyrim has to be my favorite. I also like Mass Effect series since I'm really into sci-fi. Dragon Age is another good one, although the second game is kinda below par with the rest.

12. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member Regular

Dark Souls... so miserably immersive
    and depressing. Also incredibly difficult which makes any achievement that much more rewarding.

13. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I like the Dragon Age Origins as the characters seem real and have emotions which are like a real person and the story was real strong and you are doing something good for all races in the regardless of status, and you are leading your group against the evil forces and solving political problems in the process which the nobles should of been solved early on. I liked how the different groups you help have different problems and each of them will take around 3 hours or more to do as the puzzles and boss fights can be challenging, and you need to think about the issues and try and solve them so you get approval points from your morally good party members in the game. It has good graphics and also it is nice to have allies in the final battle so you can fight the dragon and the allies can deal with the minions who can get in your way if you don't pay attention to the screen and when the enemy appears.

14. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member Regular

I didn't really fall in love with that game if I can put it that way, but it has a special place in my gaming soul. I'd say that my favorite MMORPG is Jade Dynasty and Perfect World alike.

15. Joanner1210

Joanner1210 Member Regular

The best RPG game for me is the Final Fantasy series, Started playing Final Fantasy 1 on my Game boy then jumped on my playstation and played the Final Fantasy 7, the best one for me has a good plot, a lot of allies in the game, cool bosses and a lot of secrets to get and mastering the game. then played Final Fantasy 8 and 9. And even played the Final Fantasy crisis core on PSP for the closure of my childhood (the story of Final Fantasy 7) . :D

16. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member Regular

I have a lot of favorites, but some of them include fallout and pokemon.

17. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member Regular

In 2019 not many good games coming out. Though I know some really good games were released in 2018. But it seems like an experience that I have yet to work out.

18. Annejk18

Annejk18 Well-Known Member Regular

I have a lots in mind that includes Pokemon, Morrowind and Ff7. I don't favor a single game. I play them all. I can say I'm not stick to one.

19. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member Regular

Well, it is still the beginning of the year. Just give it sometime.

20. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member Regular

It's my brother's favorite, too.