Quantcast

What's your favorite PC RPG

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by camsdad, Oct 24, 2014.

1. MrGravyCakes

MrGravyCakes Active Member

Skyrim is my favourite RPG. It is a really good game and thee is so much to do that it doesn't get boring quickly.

2. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

Skyrim is my favorite RPG. And the second is Fallout New Vegas.

3. Obvcynicae

Obvcynicae Member

So far, Skyrim is probably my favourite RPG as well. From what I've seen so far, it has a vast and expansive world (which can only be further expanded upon with the usage of mods). The modding community is pretty massive, and there are a lot of mods you can install to make the game more enjoyable for you. I'd also recommend something out of the Witcher series as an RPG -- I haven't played the first, and I've heard that the combat might be a bit clunky (due, in part, to its age), but the second appeals to me quite a bit. The third in the series is coming out very soon, as well, and the hype for that is pretty incredible.

4. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Not a PC exclusive or anything, but Dark Souls II is my favorite RPG by far soooo... yeah, that. It helps that the PC port was actually nearly perfect this time around, unlike the crappy port of the first Dark Souls, though.

It would be disingenous for me to say another RPG when I've put at least 500 hours into DkS2 (and counting!) thanks to the combination of PvE, PvP, Co-op and build variety.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I've been playing a lot of Path of Exile and Diablo, so I guess those two are my favorite RPG games right now.
    I had a lot of fun with Ultima Online too!

6. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member Regular

Gotta go with just Skyrim right now.. not much else is even close, maybe Dragon Age series. It depends though, I miss the old cRPGs like Might and Magic and Ultima.

7. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I have enjoyed the Dragon age origins one as it is a fantasy game and also open world, and you have team mates as well and nice to play and are saving the world as well and got it in Origins site last year when it was free and works well on it. The other game is, The witcher which is based on the Polish books and about Geralt who is a monster hunter and can live longer and has better vision and also a guy who works for money and does the work. I also like, the game due to different choices and also, a game where evil and lesser evil occurs and some choices have consequences later on in the game.

8. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member Regular

The Witcher 2 is one of my favorites. There is no morality system, everything you choose to say and do is completely up to you. There are no restrictions as to what you can or can't do because of "karma". The decisions you have to make are not distinguished between "good" and "bad", so the outcome is not always clear. Combat is interesting and challenging, plus it has to be played at least twice to get the most of it, as there is a point in the game when the storyline offers two different branches to follow.

9. arghyadeep

arghyadeep Member

I have played many computer RPGs and some of mine favorite RPGs are Path of Exile, Diablo 2, Diablo 3, Lotro, Torchlight 1;2.

Most of these games are free to play which makes them available to all sections of them.

10. Gamepreneur

Gamepreneur Well-Known Member Regular

I think ultimately since I grew up with it as a kid it was Diablo 2, and the reason being is it was my first unique experience playing with random people online in a videogame. Not only were the different classes exciting, but the varieties of different ways you can build your characters, the dueling system, and just the general game-play. It was definitely quite exciting for it's time!

11. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

I really like the Torchlight games. They are action RPGs like Diablo, made by the very people who made Diablo II (which left Blizzard afterwards). The games (especially the second one, since the first one doesn't have multiplayer) are tons of fun, and I think that they are even better than Diablo III in some aspects.

You should definitely give them a shot: they're fun both single player and multi player!

12. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member Regular

Final Fantasy XIII. I know a lot of people give the game crap for being linear and what-not, but I love the story and the combat system is incredibly fun once you figure it out. The port may be pretty half-baked, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the game. The music is also great, I still listen to it from time to time.

13. ConureKeeper1990

ConureKeeper1990 Active Member

I like Dragon Age. I've played it on both console and PC, and PC seems to be the better bet. A nice thing about the game is that there is little to no grinding! Everything is scaled to your level, but some abilities make bosses easier, and you have to level to get those abilities.

14. lunaticred

lunaticred Member

Vindictus is a really interesting game that has a hack and slash play style, so if "pointing and clicking" isn't your thing, you should definitely check it out. It also has very nice graphics, and although people do buy a lot of extra things to help with stats and cosmetics, it's definitely possible to get the same stats by farming and such. Rare drops will be your way to success!

15. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

My favorite game was Ragnarok it's an MMORPG. When I couldn't afford playing it I changed servers and went private. It was bad then but they started a free server too but by then I got addicted to the fast leveling up of private servers. I miss Ragnarok it's been 10 years it was one of the first MMORPGs.

16. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member Regular

WoW by far. If you've seen any of my other posts, you already knew my answer. Been playing this game longer than any other.

17. beccagreen

beccagreen Well-Known Member Regular

I can't really recommend any online RPG's since I don't really play them. But if you're looking for a solid online experience then go with World of Warcraft. As for offline games, I would really recommend Skyrim if you're into fantasy RPG's, for shooters, Borderlands or Fall Out would be cool as well.