Quantcast

What's your favorite PC RPG

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by camsdad, Oct 24, 2014.

1. camsdad

camsdad Active Member

I want to start gaming online but I don't know where to start. I will eventually get around to doing research, but for now I'd like to hear what you guys's favorites are. It doesn't matter what kind of rpg it is. All help is really appreciated.

2. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

Open world would be Skyrim, Morrowind, Oblivion from the Elder Scrolls' series. If you prefer something old school and still worth checking out, try Daggerfall from the same series.

Another open world series would be the Fallout franchise with Fallout 3 and New Vegas being their latest ones. Fallout 1 and 2 are also really great games which are also open world but on a smaller scale.

Of course, who can forget the D&D-type games like Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale and so on and so forth. Those are older games which you can probably find on GOG.com and Steam Games. Those were excellent.

The Might and Magic series starting from #4 to #8 were awesome, though my favorites would always be #4 Clouds of Xeen and #5 Darkside of Xeen.

Krisibelle likes this.
  3. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

I'd have to go with any game in the Fallout series, although the first two games were top-down, and not everyone likes that style.

4. hamz10

hamz10 Well-Known Member

Fallout new Vegas is definitely my favorite PC rpg. you can add so many awesome mods to it and make it look beautiful as well!

5. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

There are too many PC RPGs to name man. I have played at least 50-60 of them. Games like Fallout 3, New Vegas, Morrowind and Skyrim are some of the best RPG games of all time.

6. Arma45

Arma45 Active Member

If you want an open world RPG with dragons and magic, My recommendation is Skyrim. If you prefer RPGs with explosives and firearms in it with an apocalyptic future, Than I would suggest Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas.

Either game is awesome and is worth the play. If your looking for another game like Fallout without the post-apocalyptic future and enjoy FPS, Another game would BioShock. It's a little older but it's very addictive and the story line is something that will take a hold of you.

If you are talking about gaming with a internet connection for MMO style games, Then I would not be able to recommend anything at this time as I am new to that as well.

7. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Well-Known Member

Favorite RPG still is Dragon Age. Wasn't a fan of the second installment, but the more I hear raving reviews about Inquisition and reviews from ACTUAL gamers restored my faith it. I can't wait to get my hands on it and embrace the next adventure that I'll take with my Inquisitor. Just thinking about it gets my heart pounding!

8. UObeki1

UObeki1 Member

I play an online RPG called Dragon Nest. I like the story and action. The art style of the game, in my opinion, is pretty good.
    If I don't play Dragon Nest then I play DCUO.

9. Skycube

Skycube Member

Definitely Skyrim. Skyrim was really my introduction into RPG gaming. And after playing a few more hardcore RPG's, I am glad I started with Skyrim. It allowed to to understand skill trees and such without being penalized too harshly if I made mistakes.

10. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Well-Known Member

Probably Diablo 2 or Skyrim. I played Diablo for a long time and then Diablo 2 after it, I've been highly disappointed in the third game so I keep going back to the second if I feel like I need to get a fix for isometric RPG. Though I love Titan Qyest and Torchlight 2 as well so really its a hard choice between those 3. Skyrim on the other hand is simply awesome and has so many great mods on it. The problem I have with saying Skyrim is my favorite is because I really enjoyed the multiplayer in Diablo 2 and while its cool to have an uber skyrim character, there really isnt anyone to share that with.

11. gats

gats Well-Known Member Regular

My favourite PC RPG is Diablo 2 (single or multiplayer). It is a very addicting game and I still like it much better than D3.

The elder scrolls games are also great games.

12. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

So far Elder Scrolls. If you guys like Diablo then Torchlight is a game you should try out. It was developed by the same people who made D2.

13. digitalsatori

digitalsatori Active Member

14. Christian46

Christian46 Well-Known Member Regular

Either Skyrim or Diablo 3. I like to grind out achievements and loot on Diablo a few times each month, and I'll marathon quest lines on Skyrim.

15. Nolan Watt

Nolan Watt Well-Known Member

Fallout: New Vegas takes the cake.

16. Skycube

Skycube Member

I really like Torchlight 2 for its art style, and multiplayer and single player options. It's easy to pick up and play, and the game is quite addictive. Plus you can usually find it on Steam for $2.50 during the big sales. It's a steal at that price. I enjoyed it a lot more than Diablo 3.

17. kmorrison2000

kmorrison2000 Member

Path of Exile is my favorite RPG at the moment. If you enjoy Diablo-like games then you will love this one. The game has deep customization, endless re-playability and a great economy and trading system. It is a far deeper RPG experience than Diablo 3. The game is also completely free to play. Visit the website for more information: https://www.pathofexile.com/

18. Briggs

Briggs Well-Known Member

LOTRO, definitely! They've shut it down a while ago and I have t found another one on the of that I really like

19. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Ultima Online/Everquest 1 age here.

I loved both of them equally, so I can't decide. Beta'd them both. Stuck around through both of their ten year anniversaries. UO has a slight edge because of all the stuff to do.

20. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

If you mean just a normal single player RPG for the PC that you can download and play, then it's probably IB for me; it's a very unusual and very creepy RPG about a little girl in a museum. I can't actually think of any other non-online PC RPG's at the moment.