Quantcast

What's your favorite non-RPG games?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by fuumarumota, Feb 1, 2016.

1. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member Regular

I guess mine would be:
    * GTA III / GTA San Andreas.
    * Punch Out!!
    * Mortal Kombat (II / 9)

How about you?

2. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

It's actually kind of difficult to answer this, because I always think of my favourite games list in terms of role-playing games. My top five or six are almost always RPGs. Lesse:
    • Red Dead Redemption
    • The older Resident Evils, particularly 2 and 3
    • Mario Kart 8
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Cities: Skylines
    • Mega Mans 2, 3, X, and X2
    • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

fuumarumota likes this.
  3. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

That's a hard one. Just off the top of my head, I can think of...

* Tomb Raider (2013)
    * Tetris
    * Portal 2
    * Bioshock Infinite
    * Super Mario Galaxy
    * Luigi's Mansion

It wasn't until writing this list that I realized that the mass majority of my favorite games really are RPGs. Huh.

4. IgCho

IgCho Active Member Regular

I really enjoy the oddworld series, especially Abe's Odyssey. In general I really prefer adventure games when playing non-rpgs since its the lore of rpg games I tend to get invested in, and adventure games tend to be story rich enough to scratch that same itch for me.

5. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member Regular

Probably the SSX series (Ignoring On Tour, Blur and the Reboot
    Ratchet and Clank never really gets old either

Other than that I dont really have a specific favorite genre. Admittedly the majority of favorite games are RPG's such as Fallout and Persona 3 and 4. But Rez HD, Spec Ops: The Line and Enslaved Odyssey to the West are fantastic games without any major RPG components to them

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I've been playing FIFA for a long time now, so I guess that's one of my most played non-rpg games. Mortal Kombat is also amazing.

7. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member Regular

Civilization 3
    Myst

But most of my favorite games are RPGs. I reallyl enjoy the list given here, which are mostly old games that you can get for very cheap. I would much rather gamble $5 on an old game that is recommended by gamers than spend $60 that only is reviewd by magazines.

8. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove Regular

Assassin's Creed, Wolf Among Us, Bioshock Infinite, and I am sure there are more, but I can't recall right now.

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

Mine would be Street Fighter and Tekken because I love fighting games. I have also grown to love MOBAs recently but I only follow one game in particular. Hack and slash is still my favorite though but I think that has rpg elements in it if I'm not mistaken.

10. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

I do enjoy the occasional hack and slash however, I share a love of adventure games. I did enjoy playing telltales games minecraft and the wolf among us. My all time love would have to be simulations like harvest moon. Not necessarily farming, since I thoroughly enjoyed sims 3 as well. I used to play sims for hours after school.

11. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member Regular

Nothing comes close to my love for ratchet & clank. When PS2's first came out, there was a video game shop next to my dad's work, and I had to hang out there for an entire day once. The owners were cool with my dad and let me play all day for $10 instead of the normal $5 per hour...spent 6 hours playing the original ratchet and clank and deciding to use my summer money on a ps2 on the spot

12. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member Regular

solitaire card game
    candy smash