What's your favorite gaming mouse?

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by dieselfit, Dec 15, 2013.

1. dieselfit

dieselfit Active Member

It doesn't even have to be a mouse. I had to choose a affordable gaming mouse and it took me a while to choose. It ended up the Razer Abyssus gaming mouse. Though it did take me a while to choose it, it was still pretty expensive for a mouse, in my opinion. How much did you spend on your mouse and what's your favorite?

2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I just use a standard Logitech EX100 mouse it's not for gaming, but it get's the job done maybe after I buy a good 1080p monitor I might invest in a gaming mouse and keyboard.

3. Astdua

Astdua Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am still rocking my Razer Naga which I got a few years back in a relatively cheap deal, and it has served me. It is simple, sleek, the buttons are enough and it feels really well in my hand. I've never really thought of upgrading it, maybe if it stops working one day. Gaming keyboard on the other hand, I've been considering that for a while now.

4. OmarFW

OmarFW Well-Known Member
    Regular

I just upgraded to a Logitech G700s and I like it so far. It is a bit heavier than my previous G500 but not too heavy. It has more buttons to suit my needs and a far better sensor. The G500s and G700s are some of the best mice you can get if you are a claw/hybrid grip gamer and prefer a smoother mousepad.

I've yet to really try other brands though. I'm a teensy bit biased. I'll never buy Razer again though. I've only ever had bad experiences with their terrible overpriced mice.

5. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

Only if you are a competitive gamer do you need a proper gaming mouse. My regular $8 Microsoft USB Mouse gets me just as many kills in Counter Strike as any other player.. It's not the kitchen, it's the chef.

6. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

That's very true if your not a hardcore gamer you could get away with a standard mouse or gamepad.

7. OmarFW

OmarFW Well-Known Member
    Regular

Honestly it has to do with how you use your mouse, not the quality or type of mouse itself. A person with twitchy hands like myself won't benefit from higher DPI because it makes my cursor too shaky with the increased movement-to-movement accuracy, and I can't tell the difference between lower and higher polling rates.

However, I can tell the difference between a comfortable mouse and a non-comfortable one. It's possible your microsoft mouse is just one that fits your style and grip well, so you do well with it. If you were to find one in the same shape that was meant for gaming, you would probably find it a tad easier to aim, but you also might not. Luckily gaming mice are not terribly expensive (most of them at least) so there isn't much risk if you buy one and don't benefit much from it.

Overall, you should buy gaming mice for three main reasons: extra buttons, dpi switching and ergonomics. The polling rate and dpi levels don't matter much at all.

8. TheViper

TheViper Well-Known Member

I have a Logitech M120 which came from a Mouse and Keyboard bundle. I don't think a gaming mouse really makes that much difference. I've played people in FPS that had a $100 mouse and I would always win against them with my "cheap mouse".

9. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

I personally use Logitech MX518 and I am VERY satisfied with it. Have used it for a few years too!

10. OmarFW

OmarFW Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well an expensive mouse definitely won't help someone who is genuinely bad, or someone who hasn't properly calibrated their mouse to suit their personal movement style and preferences. That calibration of DPI, poll rate, sensitivities and acceleration is one of the most important parts of winning at FPS games but so many seem to skip it. When used properly, an expensive mouse with an accurate sensor will always be better than a cheap mouse, but convenience is the primary reason to get one. It's handy to have a ton of extra buttons that I can map to Teamspeak or hotkeys in-game rather than use my keyboard.

11. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

I use a Cooler Master Sentinel Zero-G. It's pretty good and the price was decent two years ago. The only problem and it's a big one is the metal stem at the centre of the mouse wheel bent as I pressed on it. So whenever I use the mouse wheel, it can get 'stuck' for a moment or it won't go down unless I press on it a bit harder. Otherwise, it's pretty and the weight is very nice.

12. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

I really love the design of Viper! The lights are really awesome.

13. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I prefer using just a basic logitech mouse. I never got anything out of the mouse(s) that were aimed towards gaming. They were a bit too bulky for my tastes.

14. seerymart

seerymart Member

Mostly, Every one should buy the super cheap games at online. But in that, The mode of selection about the quality website to download the games is plays a very important part. I just love to play all series of pc games.

15. mmmaske

mmmaske Well-Known Member

I seem to be in the minority here, but I love using a trackball. I takes up less space, I don't feel like I'm getting carpal tunnel, and it looks awesome. My only gripe with it is that it doesn't have a mousewheel, and some games need it. I get around it by changing the keybindings though :rolleyes:

16. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I envy your talents in using a trackball. I cannot for the life of me manage using one of those.

17. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Well-Known Member

My favorite mouse is the Razor Naga. I think it is the best feeling mouse that I have ever used. My hand rests perfectly on mine and never feels uncomfortable.

18. seerymart

seerymart Member

I heard about gaming mouse which provides the best features to easily move and complete the games in one of the online websites. So I want to buy it

free typing games

19. megadelayed

megadelayed Active Member

I use a Logitech G500, it's quite reasonably prices, and may not have as many features as higher end mouses, but I have got to say that the feel is solid, its extremely comfortable to used, even for long periods of time and the laser is very stable, does not jump around and can be sensitive and smooth even at higher DPI settings.

20. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I prefer Logitech and Razor gaming mouses. I have had both of them and I liked Razor to be better and more accurate than a logitech one. In addition, Razor mouse fit better in the hand.