Whats the first thing your going to do when you play the game?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: General Discussion' started by Microasian, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Microasian

Microasian Asian Power

Once you've created your character and enter the "game world" what now? This is the first time you've ever actually been in GW2. Some people immediately start to play around with the menus trying to figure out what hot key is what before they even attempt to take a look at their surroundings. Others go directly to where they should such as talking to the quest giver. So what is it that you usually do?

2. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

I think my head will just explode...

Knowing me though, I'll probably just make my human necro, do some story for 15-30 mins, then start making all my other chars just to hold names and what-not. So yeah, sadly my first couple of hours in the game will be playing 4-5 different char beginner stories, lol.

3. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

Lol sort of similar to me. The moment i get in-game i will likely create a mass of characters reserving my names. Usually when you create your character in games and select his name you then enter the game world.. so ill be logging back out to make my next character LOL.

After that ill likely delete the main name that i want and tweak out on the customization to make my main character perfect.

4. FatCheeseMan

FatCheeseMan Active Member

I'm the menu type. I will spend time setting up my options and settings before settling in on my character. I don't tend to make alts until I am ready to play them.

5. Vercinger

Vercinger Member

I do the exact same thing. It can take me over an hour to actually set up my character and all the game options, and it could be months before I create a second character.

6. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

Off topic, but my best friend does this and drives me nutz! We'll be doing launch day on an mmo and I'll have to sit around sometimes, for an hour (literally) for him to be '"rdy".

7. Unknown

I do that once i actually make my main. Whats probably even worse is that i truly can't get a feel for how he looks till i play around with him in-game so that leads me to deleting and remaking him a couple times to make it all.. perfect.

8. GamingOn

GamingOn Active Member

I will be playing through and making sure my character owns all the other characters as fast as possible. Hopefully I can find some good weapons to do this with. :)

Weapons are key when playing any MMO. :)

9. Level 1

Level 1 Member

I will go look around and get leveling. make sure i know my heal and basic attacks.

10. GamingOn

GamingOn Active Member

Yeah knowing all attacks is good because that will make you better in the game. :D

11. Aleister

Aleister Member

Change my shorts...

12. ageofwars

ageofwars Member

First of all i will check the options then i will start lvling as usual =P

13. Caledon

Caledon Teef

- Create a Thief, Ranger, Guardian, and Mesmer to hold names.

- Log back onto my thief and jump into WvW, resurface after two weeks, rinse and repeat.

14. lolwut

lolwut Well-Known Member

After i pick the most OP profession based on beta speculation ill then adjust the graphics... *max out* ;)

Even if my computer can't handle it i just want to see what the game would look like at 1 FPS :(

15. Unknown

No shame, a lot of people actually turn up their graphics briefly even though their graphic card can't handle it only to see a glimpse of those with high end pc's see. :p

It's a good thing GW2 isn't looking like it'll have high requirements.