Quantcast

What's Next For The Pokemon Series?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by troutski, Jan 19, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

At this point, things are starting to get stale, even after the move to 3D. Remakes of Ruby and Sapphire mean nothing to fans looking for something new. The games need to be upgraded and the story at least modified a little bit. Collecting badges and stopping some evil plot can only take you so far. What changes do you think need to be made for the next games?

2. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

Well, I actually like how the game is made now. It offers so much more outside of the linear gameplay that if you're playing it for something other than just the storyline, there's alot to do for each game. For instance, collecting all the new Pokemon or the Contest system. I'm not sure adding more to the games themselves would be a good idea.

3. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member Regular

The next thing is to scratch off all classic Pokemon and create a whole new host of species. A new story line something like Pokemon in space. Where you go to another planet or an alternate universe with different types of Pokemon.

4. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member Regular

Actually, a HUGE chunk of the Pokemon fandom was waiting for the Ruby/Sapphire remakes. So the majority were really happy to finally have those ! :)

But I truly do think Pokemon Z or Pokemon XY2 is next.

5. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member Regular

Definitely. After all, the previous generations had a title that came out later which combined elements from the two titles. So, I think Z is coming up next.

6. ikarosalpha

ikarosalpha Active Member Regular

I think that they should just stop changing that much. :p
    What I mean is that they are making the games progressively easier each generation by adding OP items, like what they did with experience sharing. Nowadays, you just don't have to train anymore. :/

7. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

OR/AS was the most excited I've been for a Pokemon game in a really, really long time. Truthfully, I am starting to fall out of love with the newer generations of Pokemon. I still haven't beaten my copy of X.

If Pokemon continues their current pattern, then they're probably going to make Z, make a Gen 7 after that, and then remake D/P/Pt.

8. TheRedCap

TheRedCap Active Member Regular

I think a big percentage of fans would love for an MMO style Pokemon game or even just a console version more in the vein of Skyrim or The Legend of Zelda. Overall, I think there is a lot of room for growth in the Pokemon series for all types of fans. I'm curious to see how their next project Pokeon Go does on mobile devices to see if they will branch out and try some new things with the Pokemon series. That being said, Pokemon's large appeal is in the formula where you don't really need to change that much and still be successful. Really just adding new Pokemon is enough to keep the series going.

9. West

It looks like we might get some kind of taste of a Pokemon MMO with that new Pokemon Go! coming out soon. I've always liked the idea of a Pokemon MMO, but I'm honestly not sure how well something like that would go. Most Pokemon players exist on kind of a spectrum, with one end being very casual, and the other end being very hardcore. I don't know if an official MMO would be able to sufficiently satisfy both of these kinds of gamers.

10. Humble

Humble Member Regular

From the commercials it looks like Pokemon Go will be pretty interesting and successful, I'm just hoping that I'm not let down. Fans have always wanted pokemon in real life, and I think this is as close as they'll probably get for a while. What I wouldn't give to see them apply VR to Pokemon though. I do agree for the most part that a Pokemon MMO wouldn't be as successful as everyone probably thinks.

11. West

Have you ever played Ingress? Pokemon Go is supposed to be sort of like that. A bit misleading to say it's VA. More like augmented reality. Looking at your phone and seeing a Mudkip standing in front of you. Things of that nature. My greatest concern with Pokemon Go is the fact that it will be free, if I recall correctly. I really don't want a Pokemon game inundated with microtransactions.

12. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member Regular

The big thing is Pokemon Go and if done well it could make people actually care about Augmented Reality. So far they have just been unused novelties on the 3DS and Smartphone. However Im not to opposed to Pokemon Z I didn't get my 3DS til last year so I missed the boat with X&Y and I couldn't care about the Gen 3 remakes as the original Ruby and Sapphire are my least favorite of the main Pokemon games.