Quantcast

What was your first RPG game

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Blader70, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member Regular

What was the first RPG game that you once played? Was it the game that got you into RPG gaming in the first place or was it a just a game that was forgettable for you?

2. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

It was the original Deus Ex, and yes it's the game that got me into RPG genre. I still replay it occasionally, despite having pretty much nothing to discover anymore it's still fun.

3. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member Regular

My first RPG game was a Zelda game. I can't remember what version it is but it's one of my childhood games I got addicted to.

4. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member Regular

It was long time ago since I played my first RPG game. Since then I have played many of them. In that case I can't even recall the first one I played.

5. fishbate

fishbate Well-Known Member Regular

I think it was Resident Evil, because of the long hours of playing. I still remember having played this game on a Saturday night and stopped playing in the morning because i was too hungry.

6. Albert Bryant

Albert Bryant Well-Known Member Regular

Guild wars

7. Annejk18

Annejk18 Well-Known Member Regular

My first RPG game I played was Resident Evil. It was way back 2014 I think.

8. NerdIndeed

NerdIndeed Well-Known Member Regular

My first RPG game was FLYFF (Fly For Life), a Korean game which allows you to fly once you reach level 20, way back 2005. It was the first of its kind. I miss those grinding days.

9. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member Regular

I think I am playing a lot of those RPG games. You can see that RPG games are not easy game. And people have to understand that RPG are a bit changing market. We can't have favorite anymore.

10. NerdIndeed

NerdIndeed Well-Known Member Regular

Can you mention anything specific? The gameplay hasn't changed much aside from the leveling. Before like ten years ago, it's all about killing monsters to level up, but now it's more into questing and such.

11. Lewis Ngata

Lewis Ngata Active Member Regular

My first RPG was Final Fantasy V. I loved the storyline of the game a lot and the graphics were not too shabby for the time. In the game, you needed to save a set of 4 elemental crystals from an evil wizard. You need to fight Exdeath who is very evil and an an obstacle to your quest. Despite the plot being super basic, you get to acquire so many different types of powers and fight different types of monsters. This was truly exciting to me and I started to anticipate the great advancements of the game to come by Squareenix. This was the game that got me into RPGs and it is also an unforgettable one that even after playing Final Fantasy 7 remake, which is so much better in plot and graphics, I still remember Final Fantasy V to date.

12. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member Regular

Final fantasy was my first RPG game.
    But I did not play all the final fantasy levels.