What was your first PC?

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by MorgUK, Dec 24, 2013.

1. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't even remember, and it doesn't really matter to me, lol. All I could ever play on it were flash games, whilst my friends were delighting their eyes within Doom 3's picturesque surroundings. I was so envious, but now everything got gradually better. :)

I now own a PC which can run almost anything that's ever been released.

2. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

There was never a Windows 93 or a Windows 99. If your first PC even had Windows you are a lot younger than me or just much later to the scene.

3. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member
    Regular

My cfirst personally owned one was a Compaq Presario. It's been so long I can't even remember the specs.

4. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can't remember what the specs were and if I'm honest I don't think I cared back then nor do I care now. That computer brought years and years of fun with some really cool games and dial-up internet. It was truly a different era, and although it was rather short, I still remember it fondly.

5. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

My first was a crappy old Dell with Windows XP I got as a gift from parents in the 2nd grade. It worked well for what I needed it for. It played my rudimentary games and allowed me to yse the internet. Later tried playing CoD WaW on it in 5th grade. :D

6. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

A custom built PC that my father put together in the early 90's before my parents divorced. I don't remember the specs since it was so long ago.

7. Nytegeek

Regular

I was building my own in the 90s. My parent's were divorcing as well.

8. jviloriab96

jviloriab96 Member
    Regular

Same here. I had a piece of junk running Windows 95, until one of my uncles came one day and upgraded it to Windows 98. I remember I used to draw on paint all day long. Man, I miss those days hahaha

9. Nytegeek

Regular

Heh, try using a 386 SX with a dial-up shell account access to the internet from MS-DOS 5 or lower. What you used was top of the line by comparison. Used an 8088 to access a command line BBS via a 2400 bps modem for a while also.

10. galactica

galactica Member
    Regular

A cheap Gateway laptop back in 2005. Was so grateful to get it that I didn't care how bad it was. I didn't get my first desktop computer till I was 22 and built it with my own money. Still runs nice 3 years later.

11. djskyrim

djskyrim Well-Known Member
    Regular

An HP Desktop with 1.2 GHz processor with 40GB HDD and 256MB RAM. At that time, people used to have 20gb, 128MB, so mine was "ahead of its time" :p

12. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

My first PC was a Toshiba Satellite laptop that my dad picked up for me in '99. It lived for like, 2 years, and then it kicked the bucket. I replaced it with a Compaq desktop......man, that was a long time ago.

Since then, I've managed to evolve to Macs, and I don't think I'll ever go back to PC.

13. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

Old Dell laptop that run Windows XP. I don't think I even played computer games at that point. The computer was too slow to run Runescape, so I think I may have just played flash games.

I used to play games when I was younger on my Dad's old Mac, but that laptop was the computer that was MINE.

14. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member
    Regular

My first PC was an 80286 @ 16Mh with 1MB of ram. Monochrome VGA display, 40MB HDD no mouse, no sound card. It managed to run some good games as well and MS-DOS 5.1. After that we changed to a 80368, then 80486SX cpu, which could run Windows 3.1.

Later, I bought an AMD K5 and upgraded everything, then changed to a P3 @ 700Mhz i think. After that I got a P4 CPU @ 3 Ghz.

Now I use an i7 HP Pro-Book laptop running linux Mint MATE.

Regards.

15. RumbarBrook

RumbarBrook Active Member
    Regular

My first (family) computer was a late 90s Compaq that ran WindowsME. It was amazing for its time. I remember us getting it for Christmas and my first game being a 101 Dalmatians interactive storybook. My first self-bought computer was a hand-me-down Alienware that ran Windows 7. It's okay, but needs some serious work.

16. Navi45

Navi45 Member
    Regular

The first computer I ever used was a Cisnet PC that had Windows 95 installed. It wasn't all that bad since I recall playing a DragonBallZ browser game back in 1998-2000 with it.

17. Arseny

Arseny New Member

My first was one of the old "jelly bean" iMacs; I had a cyan iMac G3, running Mac OS 9.

[​IMG]

18. abonnen

abonnen Member
    Regular

The first computer we had was given to us, and it was very old we didn't have internet at the time and we would just play paint or that mine game with the smiley face in the middle and the mines. It was just to mess around on and type on.

19. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

My first computer was a Dell product then I didn't know much about systems but was lucky it was a very good one. It was a Pentium computer which I used for over three years. It was with the computer I learnt some basic skills on how to use systems.

#59 tony, Dec 19, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  20. fishbate

fishbate Well-Known Member
    Regular

My first pc was as Cypress Model which at that time equivalent to a Pentium II processor. It runs on windows 95 at that time;). That was a long time ago, but this pc was responsible for my pc and gaming skills:). This is the pc where i first tried assembling and dis assembling hardware components. Although this pc did not last that long. It turned out to be my learning device.