Quantcast

What was your first impression of the game?

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by William Quah, Feb 12, 2014.

1. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I was impressed with how big the game wold looked and I knew as soon as I started to play, I was totally going to ignore the main story in favor of just wandering the the world with only a sword in my hand, a small satchel of supplies and a tune playing as I wandered...

2. rzbh

rzbh Active Member

"It is awesome! Chargen is immersive but convoluted, though - would be annoying to replay."

That's pretty much my first impression. Also, I can ride horse climbing to the mountain. Climbing. It is awesome.

3. ozric

ozric Member

I bought Skyrim a few days after it was released as I had been looking forward to it for some time. I was amazed by the atmosphere and crisp visual beauty. I was hooked from the opening cinematic. The visual quality of the game, the sound effects and music really enhanced the sense of immersion that has been present in the elder scrolls games. My first few hours with Skyrim was probably one of the best experiences with a new game that I've had.

4. NicCris

NicCris New Member

Although the hype surrounding this game brought unrealistic expectations from many, I have tried to stay level-headed in my expectations. I was expecting though to be able to customize my character a bit more like in oblivion where you chose your strengths.

5. llfsa

llfsa Active Member

Well, my first impression was that it was a bit meh to be honest, but as soon as I saw that dragon spitting fire all over I immediately knew it had EPIC written all over it

6. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

I had never played an Elder Scrolls game before (apart from juuuust a bit of fiddling around with Oblivion, but I didn't get any further than escaping the dungeon), and when I saw the amount of hype that the Internet had in store for this game, I definitely knew I was in for a wild ride. I downloaded it on my old computer, and it ran at like 8 FPS. Afterwards, I went on to YouTube and I watched some gameplay. I liked what I saw so much that I bought a new GPU solely for this game.

No regrets: the game has kept me company for a few years now, and I still discover new things!

7. theGIJST

theGIJST Well-Known Member Regular

I loved the game, and especially when I just started playing it. I had to get the iconic iron armor and helmet from the trailer, and I was just soaking everything in. The graphics, the environment, the combat and everything else was amazing. I loved it and I took around 100 screenshots in the first day of playing the game, and most of them are on my Steam profile. However, I was a lot more immersed in the game when I just started playing it, which is expected.

8. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I reckon for me it was the environment and how the world was huge which was amazing to see in the game and was impressed by the characters and also the story in the game which made it addictive. It is a game well made and also very enjoyable as you can play as different races and also your choices do make a difference, as who you are allied with and also romance choices as well. I enjoyed doing the side missions, which paid you well and also the side quests were enjoyable in the game and gave you a rest from the main game.

9. niightwind

niightwind Well-Known Member

I didn't get into Skyrim until long after it was released, so I saw a ton of game footage and screenshots before going into it. Right from the first glance, though, I thought it was breathtakingly beautiful. Such amazing graphics, a well constructed environment, everything was beyond what my wildest expectations for a game could have been. To this day it is still one of the best games I've seen graphically, and it continues to impress me every time I load it up for a gaming session. So yeah, very positive first impression!!

10. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

My first thought of the game was to just run in a random direction and admire all the pretty trees before finding a cave to go treasure hunting. I also found myself staring at the river for a good amount of time and trying to catch salmon. I kinda wished they let you craft a fishing rod or some reason, though catching fish by hand was fun in its own way.

11. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I was totally blown away by it, and spend the next 2 months after it`s release doing everything I could in the game. 250 hours later I finally "beat" the game, but the DLC`s brought new things into the world, so I started over about 3 times. :D

12. OoTWISTERoO

OoTWISTERoO Active Member

It was truly amazing for me! The fact that you can do so many different things in that game is just so overwhelming! When I saw that there are spells, swords, bows, staffs, armor and so forth, I was very amazed!

13. Tanis

Tanis Active Member Regular

I've always loved Bethesda games despite how broken they are. My first impressions were from the gameplay demos shown live at conventions and it was incredible. I felt that Fallout 3 and New Vegas had wooden looking animations and graphics and Skyrim's graphics were amazing at the time. Throw in the new perk and skill levelling system and the opportunity to use either hand for either weapon and it was an instant buy for me. The game was beautiful when I first saw it and I've got no regrets playing it.

My only annoyance is the demo showcased stuff about living economies and affecting town and village economies and I never saw that ingame.

14. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

At first glance I thought it was boring as hell but then moving forward in the game it turned out to be really fun and enjoyable so here I am, level 94 Orc ^^

15. sofia_sky

sofia_sky Member Regular

It was definitely a step up from Oblivion. Animations were more dynamic (but still a little janky), graphics were better, and the leveling system was rehauled to make leveling up a lot easier than Oblivion.

16. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member Regular

The first time I saw any gameplay was when I played it. The opening execution scene with the dragon attack at Helgen was awesome and exhilirating. The escape portion was exciting as well.

17. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member Regular

My first impression was like "just another generic RPG" but after playing for a hour I got really into it.

18. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Yep, same here. The more I got into it, the more I liked it. It felt like a constant improvement on the second world fantasy RPG genre and that was really good because it had started to get a little stale at that point.

19. AsiaCS

AsiaCS Member Regular

I thought it was beautiful, like most people. The scenery was outstanding. I find most of the human-type characters to be a little ugly but everything else was mind blowing. I loved the freedom to go where I pleased and climbing into all the nooks and crannies. I've been thinking about firing it up again lately.

20. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE! Regular

I like it liked at better on the PC than I did on console at first. My PC has decent specs so it runs better than it does on console. It isn't as glitchy as it was on Xbox 360. Oblivion was worse on the original Xbox than Skyrim was on the 360, but yeah I prefer it on the PC. If I hadn't tried it on a PC, I wouldn't have played it much.