What sites do you use and how long does the typical game last?

Discussion in 'Dungeons and Dragons Online' started by JulianWilliams, Jan 15, 2015.

1. JulianWilliams

I've been thinking of starting to play DD online as none of my friends are into playing it in real life, but I'm not sure what site to choose. I'm also wondering how long does the typical game last.

2. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

DDO.com is the homepage for the game, not sure what you mean by ´site´ since there is only one. DDO is a MMORPG, so you can play as much as you want. There are hundreds of dungeons in the game, some last 15 minutes, some last a couple hours and pretty much everything in between.

3. RakRak

RakRak Member

If you mean playing the table top version over the internet then Roll 20 is a good website to use. The DM can make maps that all the players can see and play music for everyone. A session can last anywhere from 40 minutes to 4 hours depending on the group and the game. There are usually several games that are looking for new players for DnD as well as a bunch of others including Pathfinder and the Cthulhu game.

4. bogartdelarama

I'll go check that page out. I've been hearing about Dungeons and Dragons for years, but have never actually played it, since I don't have anyone to play with.

5. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

yeah, we are talking about two different things.

D&D is a game you play in real life, you sit around a table with a bunch of people and use real dice to determine outcomes. It is often called ´pen & paper´ Dungeons and Dragons.

Dungeons and Dragons Online is a MMORPG that is completely played on your computer. The program and game developers act as the storyteller.