Quantcast

What RPG would you like to see a sequel to?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by jardantuan, Nov 11, 2013.

1. jardantuan

jardantuan Active Member

Games like Final Fantasy, Pokemon and Dragon Quest constantly have new iterations released, and generally they're pretty well received. But some games don't get that treatment. Maybe it's a series that just hasn't gotten any attention for a while, but maybe there's a standalone game that you feel would benefit from a sequel.

Personally, I'd like to see a sequel to The World Ends With You. Very few games try something different these days, so it was very refreshing to play TWEWY. I don't know if a sequel is necessarily the right thing to do (look at The Matrix!) but I'd love to see what they could do with it. Also, apparently the iOS port had a bonus ending of sorts that hinted at a sequel. I haven't played it, and I haven't checked out what it is, so I can't verify that, but it'd be interesting.

As for an established series, I'd like to see a third game in the 'Symphonia' branch of the 'Tales of' series. I know the second was very controversial, and really divided the fanbase, but I really liked it. It wasn't as good as the original (which is still, to this day, my favourite game of all time) but it really added to the world, and I quite liked the new cast of characters. There's so much that could be done with the Symphonia world - I could definitely see a prequel, taking place well before the events of the first (I'm avoiding spoilers just in case!), since they did such a good job establishing a history. Of course, it'd have to be on the Wii U - it really needs RPGs right now...

2. Zlyuka

Zlyuka Well-Known Member

I'd really like to see a sequel to Might&Magic series, a long by now forgotten franchise that died with the demise of NWC/3DO. M&M parts VI/VII were it's golden era and I'd love to see a sequel with modern graphics.

TWEWY was indeed refreshing and a sequel would be nice too.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member Regular

Vampire: Masquerade series. The last one was so amazing in pretty much every aspect!

4. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

I would like a sequel for Mass Effect, the ending in the third part was really disappointing for me and for all my friends that played this game and even after the patch release nothing changed. During the 3 parts in the franchise you believe that your choices can change something but in the end nothings changes.

5. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I would like to see a sequel to Final Fantasy X I though X-2 was going to be the sequel, but it felt like a completely different game and in my opinion it was way to girly I was very disappointed.