Quantcast

What RPG Franchise Would You Like To See Revived?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Samu Zadori, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Samu Zadori

Samu Zadori Member

KotOR is my favourtie RPG of all time, I have put in hundreds of hours into the game and its sequel KotOR II. Despite their critical and commercial success, LucasArts chose not to order a third game. However, with Disney currently at the helm, I'm hoping to see the Knights of the Old Repiblic return.

I'm interested to hear what dormant RPG franchise you would like to see making a comeback. :)

2. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I would also love to see a proper KoTOR III. The Old Republic just doesn`t cut it. And what they did with their last expansion, Shadow of Revan, was just preposterous. Bioware should just hand over the license to Obsidian Entertainment, and let them make a masterpiece, like they did with KoTOR II.

3. Athilea

Athilea Well-Known Member

I don't know if this quite counts as revival, but I would like to see more come from the Kingdoms of Amalur concept. I love the game, and the setting. I don't know if there are any sequals planned, though there was an MMO planned at one point, but I really hope that they turn that into a series and don't just let it die.

4. Obi

Obi Well-Known Member

Fable. The first two games were brilliant but fell in quality over time. the last two fable games weren't even RPG's, one of them was basically an advert for the Kinect and the latest one is an advert for Windows 10.

I want another game like Fable II where you build your powers and have a whale of a time.

5. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

Baldur's Gate series need a 3rd game. The first two plus the expansions were top notch. Everything from story, character interaction, role playing, mechanics and visual detail were all gorgeous.

6. Testament

Testament Member

As it might be obvious from my display pic, I think Xenosaga should have a revival! I know there's Xenoblade and the new X: Xenoblade Chronicles now, but they're just spiritual successors to one of the most philosophical RPG's of all time. I wanna see chaos and Wilhelm again. Let's not forget KOS-MOS. ;)

7. cassidy

cassidy Member

KoToR without doubt. The second game's poor ending but overall great mechanics made me want more of it, and so far nothing's really happened in this department.

The MMO is ok, I guess, and if it remains popular and profitable I don't think there will be a KoToR 3, but I try not to lose hope :)

8. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I'm probably in the minority but I would like a updated version of the Romancing Saga series from the SNES. I was able to play the third game when a friend found a translated ROM and sent it to me, causing me to spend a good week playing it through. The game was tough and it relied heavily on grinding, but it gave you the freedom to go where you want and take quests at your pace, provided you spent enough time leveling up.

9. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

I miss Ragnarok. They killed it here in the Philippines but it was a good 11 year run. I had so much memories with that game and I spent a lot of money playing it too. Now I just play private servers with no transcendent job classes for nostalgic purposes. :)

10. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

KotOR would be great too. I used to play that when I was kid. Having a next installment to it will be great. I also like Ragnarok too, the first MMO I've ever played.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Seems like I'm not the only one who wants to see KoTOR back in business. It's a really great franchise and I hate seeing it go to waste.

12. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member Regular

Pillars of Eternity is basically BG3, it is made by some of the original devs and has the same type of gameplay. Overally it is a good game, but it reminds me that as great as BG1 and BG2 were, the gameplay is a little outdated now.

13. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member Regular

For me, the answer would be Might and Magic ( Not Heroes of Might and Magic). M&M were just these long, combat entensive games with big parties, lots of skills and lots of character progression. ( with very little story).

14. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

I considered PoE, but I also read that many people found the game to have less character than the BG games such as that the members of your party don't actually interact with one another, as well that they don't randomly talk about stuff depending on the situation. So I may get into PoE when it's on at least a 50% discount.

15. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

Can we get back to the glory days of Final Fantasy? Or at least the traditional FF RPGs?