Quantcast

What RPG are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Narukami, May 11, 2014.

1. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Personally, I am playing Dark Souls 2 on PC (mostly PvP at this point) and Muramasa Rebirth on Vita (gorgeous game, pretty fun). They're both action RPGs, though, specially Muramasa. Pretty damn great games, though. DkS2 is probably my Game of the Year already.

So, what RPG are you playing currently?

2. CeliVega

CeliVega Well-Known Member

I am currently playing a really obscure but great game now.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taikou_Risshiden_V

It's a historical simulation from Koei, before they merged with Tecmo to form the Tecmo Koei holdings.
    Before they are famous for Dynasty Warriors and its spin-offs, they are actually famous for historical simulation games based on the Chinese literature Romance of the Three Kingdom.

The Romance of the Three Kingdoms is available in English, so feel free to check it out everyone!

3. Rgrimes

Rgrimes Well-Known Member

I am currently playing Skyrim, I don't know if it is classified as an RPG though.

4. Narukami

Of course it's an RPG. It's pretty much a western action RPG. On the same note, games like Borderlands are also totally RPGs.

5. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member Regular

Currently, I am without a good-working computer so I can't play much. I would like to get into something on Ps3 soon, though.

6. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

I'm currently sinking my teeth into Bard's Tale on mobile. I never got the chance to play this game on consoles or on the PC. It's great. I never thought that an RPG this huge could be played with ease on mobile devices. The controls are pretty intuitive. It's very fun to play.

7. Jun Yun

Jun Yun Well-Known Member

Still playing Skyrim here, lots of fun. And the mods available for PC is great and keeps me playing it more.

8. Narukami

Is that the comedic one? With loads and loads of jokes and that doesn't take itself seriously? I was looking into that game, it looked hilarious. Never got around to playing it, though.

9. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Well-Known Member

I'm currently playing Bound by Flame, but I doN't really like it so far. Awkward graphics, lip-synch and dialogue, boring and uninspired combat, and the story is clichéd, but I am only in the first chapter. Maybe I'll play it a few hours or so before deciding whether to uninstall or not.

10. Narukami

Aw. I keep hearing about how bad that game is. Quite sad, I thought it showed potential...

11. thejamal

thejamal Well-Known Member

Dark Souls 2 is my favorite RPG game atm. I love the challenge of the game that it's not just a game you can face roll through. Very uncommon in today's gaming market to find gameplay like that. I used to play Skyrim, but not much anymore since I've gotten into Dark Souls 2.

12. Narukami

Dark Souls 2 is just too good! A lot of replayability even if just mostly playing PvE, but it's even better if you get into the PvP part of the game. Most my time with the game now is just PvP duels and it's just so fun, I can't put it down.

13. Jun Yun

Sounds like a great game. But I've heard that Dark Souls may get pretty hard at times? If this is true then this makes me want to buy the game more.

14. Narukami

Yeah, the Souls games are famous for their difficulty. They're pretty fair 99% of the time, though, so it's not too hard if you pay attention to your environment and don't rush it until you know your way around. It heavily punishes you if you start doing stupid things, like attacking enemies when it's not safe. I really recommend them if you want a challenging game and there's no lack of content. As I said, extremely replayable if you get into PvP too.

15. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Well-Known Member

I have been meaning to pick up Dark Souls 2, I just haven't got around to it quite yet. As of right now though, I am re-playing Fallout: New Vegas, because I didn't really pay attention as much as I should have the first time that I played it.

16. Jun Yun

I like PVPs but not a big fan of it. I prefer the hard quests that progress the story and contributes to the lore. Gonna get this game once I have the chance.

17. Catalyst64

Catalyst64 Well-Known Member

Dark Souls 2 on my brother's PC and Skyrim from time to time to finish some missions I haven't yet. It's kind of a rough time for me since it's the ending of the school year and I have got exams to do, but I still manage to spend a few hours every week playing.

18. Narukami

Dark Souls 2 is hard to put down for me, I'm still on it and they announce DLC... I already have over 160 hours on PC, and I played around 100 on 360 before PC version. It's like a drug. I keep making new characters to help new players and such with co-op and to try new builds. I don't really play long sessions but I do play it almost exclusively.

I haven't gotten into Skyrim, but I know from other Bethesda games that those are really long too and hard to put down.

If you have limited time to play, DkS2 and Skyrim can last you forever, hahaha.

19. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I just recently started playing Pokemon Y it's a fun game! also I was playing FF X again, but I have not played it in a good two weeks or so and almost at the very beginning.

20. Narukami

Are you play the original FFX or the PS3/Vita remaster? I've heard the remaster is pretty solid, especially since it includes the bonus content from the International/European versions.