What phone do you own?

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by FuZyOn, Nov 6, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Currently I have an LG G2 which I plan to keep for at least a year more, then I'll probably jump ships and try out Samsung or the Nexus line-up.

2. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am using the Samsung Note 4 at the moment. I'm pretty happy with it. It allows me to take high quality photos for my business and keeps me up to date with the organization it offers. I don't use the pen nearly as much as I thought I would, but it's nice to have when you feel like drawing.

3. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Using a Nexus 6P and am pretty satisfied with it. Though its hard not to be if you had a crappy half - smartphone before like I did.

4. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can imagine it being much better than one of the basic smart phones. I remember having a very low quality smart phone that made itself appear to be fancy. Those are the worst. The lag on the phones are sometimes unbearable. I suppose it's better than nothing, though.

60 people like this.
  5. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah the phone I was using had a pathetic amount of RAM and had customized Linux OS installed ( Bada ?). I think only 8 -12 of MB RAM were free at any given time but I could still surf the net decently with Opera Mini.

6. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I also have a G2 and so far, I've been really happy with, but like you said, I'll probably switch up somewhere during the next year. I'll probably go for LG again as I didn't have any issues with this phone.

7. Funky Fingers

Funky Fingers Active Member
    Regular

I'm currently using an IPhone 5c...it's probably my 5th phone in the past year. As you might already notice, I'm not very good with phones... I have a tendency to drop and break my phones very easily. Anyways, so far I'm enjoying my 5c and haven't had any issues or bugs within the phone.

8. d'arakh

Regular

Your username is Funky Fingers and you tend to drop and break your phones? Yep, sounds about right :D
    On a serious note, why don't you use a protective case? Or do you just like buying new phone so much? :D

9. Funky Fingers

Funky Fingers Active Member
    Regular

I actually have a case, but the thing is I'm too lazy to actually put it on and use it. Don't judge me, hahahahha!

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would advise on getting a screen protector. Since the iPhone 5c has a plastic back the only thing that needs a cover is the screen. It would help keeping the phone slim.

11. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm still using a Samsung Galaxy S4. It's 2 years old now, but I have had seriously no problems with it(besides occasional lag every now and then). I used to work for AT&T and was given a G2 as a work phone, and loved it, it was really a lot smoother than I'd expect it to be. I would probably debate getting it's next versions down the line, whenever I finally get rid of mine. :)

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

The S4 has relatively the same hardware as LG G2, but both phones have bloated U.Is so the phones are slower. It also depends on the Android version.

13. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have an LG optimus at the moment. I need to get a new phone though because I shattered the screen by dropping it. I'd love to get one of those Notes. The Samsung galaxy's that are a pretty big size. I like having a phone that's similar to a computer.

14. Maelalove

Regular

Yea they both came out around the same time. I haven't really kept up on any updates for the G2 model though. I know the S series has newer versions but haven't checked for the G2. Our phones will always be slower than the new ones :[

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I heard rumours about 6.0 though I'm not really sure if that's gonna happen. I rooted it so I don't really care too much about updates

16. Maelalove

Regular

I honestly can't say I've kept up with it. I don't usually root my phones, though. I'm too much of a chicken to do it. I'm always worried that it's going to brick it and I'm going to have to spend a lot of money on another one, not worth it in my opinion.

17. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

There are one-click roots everywhere nowadays.. it's a really low chance of bricking your phone by rooting. Changing the ROM on the other hand can be a little tricky.. you can mess up badly there.

18. Maelalove

Regular

See I don't like even the slight chance. Knowing me, I'd have that 1% chance of actually fucking up and doing it anyway. But I wouldn't change the ROM, either. I think I'll just always stick with what I've got, haha

19. d'arakh

Regular

I recently went out and got myself an iPhone 6. I never had an iPhone before so I decided to give in to the hype and check what it's all about. It's been pretty good I must say, I definitely see why it's so popular.

20. Maelalove

Regular

It was also one of the originals. It kind of took cell phone technology to the next level, and did it consistently enough for there to be a nice following behind it. And with people stocking up in apple devices, they like syncing all their stuff together. Just makes it convenient. I may be more of an android person myself, but I definitely agree it's a nice electronic