Quantcast

What music inside the franchise still sticks with you?

Discussion in 'The Legend of Zelda' started by Shimus, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

As the title states, which music from the franchise still sticks with you, even today?

As Skyward Sword is my most recent one, I have this on my MP3 Player currently:

(Lanaryu Desert for those who can't hear it)

Old music that still sticks with me:

OOT's

(Gerudo Valley for those who can't play it, Ocarina of Tima)

Yes. another Desert Area. Their music is catchy. Sue me.

Link to the Past's

(Dark World Overtheme, LTTP)

And of course, the original's very Iconic

(The very first overworld theme!)

2. Mage-a-Holic

Mage-a-Holic Member

Gerudo Valley definitely stands out in my mind as does that Song of Storms. A group by the name of "Team Teamwork" remixed a bunch of the Ocarina of Time songs onto an album they dubbed "Ocarina of Ryhme" and its pretty amazing. I try not to feel like an amazingly big nerd when it comes blaring over the speakers in my car and the windows are down x_x. Who am I kidding video game music is some of the best music to drive to!! Especially the theme from Katamari Damacy ("don't worry do your best!!".)

3. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Hahah! Hey man, it's no different than me blaring the Russian National Anthem (and I'm American, in a redneck town.) for fun with the windows down. It evokes nearly the same response of WTF. I can relate.

Another one I nearly forgot for songs:

Fi's Gratitude, Skyward Sword. I'm a big guy. I'm a manly man. But when I had to put Fi back into that pedastal, and we were saying goodbye.. I won't even lie. I had mantears. This song accompanied that moment beautifully. It's very, very powerful. Skyward has a good OST, imo.) T_T

4. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

I'd have to say that catchy tune from the forest in the beginning of the game, if I'm remembering the right one. It's stuck in my head right now, now that I think about it. -_-

5. Nolan Watt

Nolan Watt Well-Known Member

The Elder Scrolls has some really nice tunes, as does Minecraft. But in my opinion, nothing even comes close to Legend of Zelda.

6. LadyCygnet

LadyCygnet Member

The Ocarina of Time's music has always been my favorite (and I love the remixes over at Overclocked Remix, especially Pachelbel's Ganon!), but the opening theme for Twilight Princess also holds a special place in my heart, as does "The Ballad of the Wind Fish" from Link's Awakening. All of the games have pretty good soundtracks for the platforms on which they appear, but those tracks and the whole of Ocarina of Time are real standouts for me.

On a different note, I wish that they could have kept the original version of the Fire Temple theme from Ocarina of Time. While I understand why they changed it, I still think the original version was haunting and beautiful.

ETA: I adore just about every orchestrated version of "Song of Storms" from Ocarina of Time. The original tune was nice, but it is definitely one that benefits from being played by a full orchestra.

7. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Indeed. Here's a couple of variations of our beloved "Song of Storms" I thoroughly enjoy

LadyCygnet likes this.
  8. LadyCygnet

LadyCygnet Member

Tyler Heath took "Song of Storms," "Bolero of Fire," and "Requiem of Spirit" from Ocarina of Time and made them into something that would work wonderfully if Nintendo was seriously going do anything live-action with the Legend of Zelda franchise. Here is "A Storm in the Desert:"

9. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

That was well done indeed. Try out this for epic:

Such a lucid/awesome remix:

10. Dame6089

Dame6089 Active Member

I have to agree with Gerudo Valley. It is one of the songs that can be enjoyed as a non video game song just because of the tempo and kind of Spanish flavor to the song. Also the song is in Smash Bros, so I hear it more frequently than the others haha.