What mods should I install?

Discussion in 'Fallout 3' started by theGIJST, Jul 15, 2015.

1. theGIJST

theGIJST Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hey guys. I am replaying Fallout 3 for the who knows which time, and I'm enjoying it quite a lot and I'm taking it slowly. I have over 8000 caps right now, and I have just completed Moira Brown's survival guide and the Point Lookout DLC. However, it's the same old game that I have been playing before, that I know almost all about. However, I did miss a few quests and I'm doing them this time around.

What mods would you recommend me to install? I'm looking for graphical mods that will make the game a lot more beautiful graphic-wise, and maybe some game-play improvements and tweaks, but I don't know where to look or what to install, really.

Also, that mod that merges New Vegas into Fallout 3 or vice versa, is that any good?

2. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh, gosh. I don't remember the specific names of any of those mods, but the graphical ones are a must, and the same goes for bug-fixing mods.

3. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can't remember the specific name of the mod, but the one that allows grass and plants to gradually appear was one of my favorites. I was just tired of seeing brown and dust all the time so I installed it after I did the oasis quest and opted to have Harold spread his influence throughout the wasteland rather than kill him.

4. theGIJST

theGIJST Well-Known Member
    Regular

There is a complete graphic overhaul mod, and the one thing I didn't like was that there were too many green trees. Trees are dead in Fallout, except for the ones in Oasis. I think that's the mod but I don't know the exact name of it.