What made you choose this game?

Discussion in 'Wildstar' started by Jess, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Jess

Jess Member

What made me curious to try this game was the gameplay videos I watched on YouTube. I hadn't heard about Wildstar until then, but it immediately fascinate me. It is a pretty awesome MMORPG, would you say so?

Check out this video:

2. SwordHungry

SwordHungry Well-Known Member

I think it's a great game. I'm always on the prowl for new MMORPG's to pick up, and what scouting though some articles for new promising releases and this was in it. I looked it up and from the screenshots and trailers, I knew I would enjoy the game.

3. BattleAxe

BattleAxe Well-Known Member

I was intrigued by the graphics and setting of it all. It's set in a very colorful universe, and I like to see that with environments in MMORPG games. I first found out about it like most people through Youtube, but only seriously considered getting it when I visited their site.

4. Flaxtick

Flaxtick Member

I have a very interesting take on this subject that I'd like to share with all of you. I have a friend who is actually working on this game right now!!! Yes, he completed his Masters in game design and now currently working in Carbine Studios who are the developers... c'mon isn't that FRIGGIN' great?!?

5. Kementarri

Kementarri New Member

To be honest, I accidentally stumbled across Wildstar while looking for a new mmorpg to play and now it's about the only game that I am actually looking forward to and am thinking about saving up some money to get a new computer just to play it. What made me really interested in the game is the graphics, and the environments. I absolutely love cartoonish, colourful worlds and this has really hit it for me. Then of course I started following the website, and the updates and with the latest Dev Speak about Ability Mechanics, I am even more interested in it. I think that this mmorpg is going to bring a lot of great things to the gaming market; it might not be promising amazing upgrades, or a completely different play style, but it is definitely promising a whole pile of fun. I mean have you seen the warplots, the housing, the path system, and the interesting combat mechanics? I think this game is definitely something every gaming mmorpg fan should take a look at.

6. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

I have heard that they are charging a subscription fees. I wish that that don't charge a fees for their content unless they want to go down the drain. I mean, how may MMOs have failed in the recent past? They should learn from other people and pack it in.

7. jcairns82

jcairns82 Active Member

I come across new games thanks to forums like this. However, for this particular game, it was recommended to me via my cousin. He rarely plays MMOs, but a colleague of his was raving about it, so he actually started playing it and was quickly hooked.

8. kjl.leblanc

kjl.leblanc Member

I like the art-style of the game most of all. Also it seems like something I don't have to sink my life into so I can enjoy it. I work often and an MMO I can jump in and out of without having to grind for max gear all day sounds ideal.

9. kungfujoe94

kungfujoe94 Member

I got bored playing some MMO... can't remember what it was. I starting reading other MMO sites for upcoming titles and saw a few vids for Wildstar. I'm always on the lookout for sci-fi titles and this one really caught my eye.

10. MonkeyKarl

MonkeyKarl Member

The idea of being able to explore a new world, and actually be rewarded for it, sounds fascinating. I also really enjoy the art style, which gives off a animated film vibe that I dig. Can't wait to try it out.

11. fromtheground

fromtheground Member

I really like the art style of Wildstar, along with a breath of freshness in the already saturated world of MMORPGs. I don't really like games which strive to be ultra-realistic, but I like ones that have the imagination to go far and beyond the usual standards.

12. Lodismel

Lodismel Well-Known Member

Definitely the videos of this game. That narrator is fantastic. They did a very good job of marketing the game and making it look interesting. I'm still a bit worried that it won't be a big enough difference between this and other MMOs, but I guess we'll see.

13. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

Honestly I like the easy-going feel I get from the videos I've seen.
    I also love the crafting system in the game, much more in-depth than the other MMO's out there right now.

14. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

What has made me curious to play this game is the few positive reviews I have read here. I will definitely find a way to play it since I don't think I can play it on the current phone I have.