What kind of player are you?

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by JohnBeaulieu, May 18, 2015.

1. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

WoW’s has gotten continuously easier with each expansion and major update. This might be nice for casual players, but I think it alienates some of the more hardcore players. The level progression became easier at the cost of a sense of accomplishment. People get bored fast. I used to be more into the game pre-wrath than I am now. Now I log in now and again to keep tabs on a guild I have and chat with some friends, but that is about it.

2. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm somewhat hardcore, depending on schedule. I think it's important blizzard caters to both casual and competitive. However, I think Blizzard cheapened the experience for more competitive players with the installation of LFR. Don't get me wrong, I love group finder. It's way better than spamming mindlessly trying to find the right group. However, I feel as though raid content should remain "sacred". As in, you have to assemble a group from scratch or with a guild. Not wait in a que and be thrown in with 25 random people and burn content.

3. jbepp

jbepp Well-Known Member

I've always been the lonely guy kind of player. I don't talk too much so it's hard to make friends, especially when I'm leveling. I've also always been a caster DPS, Warlock or Shadow Priest, so I don;t stand out too much. I guess I'm too shy.

4. Nytegeek

Regular

I used to solo a lot but nowadays if I don't want to deal with people I load up a single player RPG like Skyrim or something. I the social aspect of an MMO now. I like logging in and chatting with friends.

5. Ram Levy

Ram Levy Well-Known Member
    Regular

The support kind of guy. Holy priest so I can support the whole raid and be first on the healing meters ! (not that it matters).

6. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

In my opinion I am a gamer who plays WoW when one has time. I have so much hobbies so that sometimes I play and the other times I don't. However, it may take hours if I happen to launch WoW since it surely is an addicting game.

7. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

I was mixed about it when they first dropped it, but then it does have its advantages. Like quick gearing a new raider and it's a good medium for players to enjoy the content without sacrificing as much time. Ever since I stopped playing hardcore, I still wanted to enjoy some of the content without the long commitment. Not to mention it's fun trolling people in LFR now and then with old friends. (Not the type that wipes cause I'm not an ass.) Trust me if I had my druthers I'd raid like I used to but alas, life is a bitch.

8. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm a casual player, former raider. Back at BC/WOTLK, I tried to keep up with the raiding while doing family things, and couldn't hang. Or, I could....but the guild we were with at the time didn't appreciate my split allegiance, or whatever. My husband raids, when possible, but he's a tank, and has no problem getting picked up.

I'm cool with the casual play, and I haven't reactivated my account just yet, since school and work cut into my play time. I'm thinking after the first of the year I'll reactivate my account and dabble with the non-raiding stuff.

9. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm a young casual gamer with a decent amount of free time, which I'm thankful for. College reality hasn't hit just yet (this fall).

10. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member
    Regular

In the end, I'm in between. I am a Mythic Raider, we have been pushing on our server for a while now, but we still advertise as casual. We raid 12 hours a week(only 3 nights, 4 hours a night) but we all still have our real lives. We've found a way to make it fit, whether married, unmarried, in college, high school, etc.

11. Summertime

Summertime Member
    Regular

I'm a very casual player, but that's purely through personal preference and imposing time limitations on myself. When I caught the Skyrim bug, I caught it bad, and was playing for 6+ hours a day. So now I try to go 1-2 hours a day, which makes the longer raids difficult and my friends pissed sometimes, but it's what I feel I really need hahaha.

12. Clayton Wolfe

Clayton Wolfe Member
    Regular

Ever since I have started playing I have been playing Shaman. I was a huge casual until WoD. During Wrath of the Lich King I did some heroic 25 man ICC. Really, the only reason I made it in though was because I was friends with the guild leader. Yeah, lately I have been getting more and more into raiding. I play restoration shaman and combat rogue. I really wish I went hardcore before WoD because I know I missed a lot of stuff by not raiding Naxx and other nice raid instances. R.I.P me :(

13. Maelalove

Regular

Ouchhhhh man I heard a lot of that with Skyrim when it first came out. A lot of people were talking constantly about it, too. I couldn't really get into it myself, but I remember the epidemic, haha.

14. Maelalove

Regular

I play WoW too. Arcane/frost mage and disc priest. I used to be so much more casual but I'm a super raider now. I do miss the old days, though... raids were more fun in my opinion.

Clayton Wolfe likes this.
  15. Maelalove

Regular

Haha college can make or break it for you. Sometimes it's going to be too much, sometimes you're just going to be bored out of your mind. Be prepared :p

16. Maelalove

Regular

Man holy is hurting this expansion. If you're rocking the healing meters, I have to applaud you.

17. Verity Darkwaters

Regular

I used to be a hardcore WoW player and then as I got older and responsibilities began to become more and more frequent I found that it just wasn't feasible to spend hours and hours on the game anymore. There are days I'd like too and days I play more than I should, but I am not spending all night raiding anymore.

18. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm of the super-casuals brigade. I play the game just for fun, and I don't give a damn about the whole "OMG! OMG! I have to get that gear with over 9000 stats NOW!" I roam around, kill monsters, sometimes participate in an occasional raid or two, and generally have a very good time playing the game!

19. Nytegeek

Regular

You are the kind of person I would recruit into my guild. LOL Hardcore players get on my nerves at times.

UnslaadKrosis likes this.
  20. mauricioq

mauricioq Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm the kind of player that loves pvp! When I reach lvl 20, I immediate start to queue on to the battlegrounds, and keep doing it until the end!