What kind of content would you like to see after release?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: General Discussion' started by Knives, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Knives

Knives Well-Known Member

I'm guessing after the initial release we'll be seeing content packs of such similar to Guild Wars. I'm looking forward to it actually (I know some of you are still skeptical) I'm hoping for some really interesting & fun type of packs to be released for those of us into the game and have the spare $ it doesn't have to be anything game breaking and hopefully it wont be as i'd be against it instantly but knowing GW1 they wont be anything game breaking or something that'll give an advantage.

I been thinking of content like an underwater dungeon/zone since this couldn't be done in the orginal GW1 and even cool weapons/armor skins like the original GW had. Actually the skins were the main reason i'd play so that i could collect the new skins they'd implmenet into the game. What kind of purchasable content would you like to see?

-edit for underwater content I know we'll have it at release however i'm saying they can spice it up and do some really interesting things underwater for the future with the way they have underwater combat & gameplay now.

2. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

Well, I hate to say it, but it looks like we'll be visiting Cantha and Elona again. Cantha is blocked by way of Zaitan, but how much ya wanna bet that'll all be lifted due to a world event. Thus entering the revisiting of Cantha. Then Elona is currently in control by Grand Lich Joko... hmm, sounds like expansion content to me. I say 'hate' coz I'd rather it not be the same song and dance as the first... but thats not to say i woudnt still buy it in a heart beat, and enjoy myself immensely.

I'd like to see more things like 'Eye of the North'. A new land, roughly in the same area, with a huge dynamic story of its own. I loved EotN, plus new skills to pepper our uniqueness wouldnt be too bad.

3. Silas

Silas Well-Known Member

You know its 250 years after gw1 right ? That means the old land has become new land cus everything changed immensely. So im sure nothinnhg will look the same at all.. only some ruins of ascalon and maybe some other areas. I agree with you on the EOTN part tho, i would like to see more of it too, a whole " new" land would be cool indeed. Just saying.. the old land will feel like brandnew and completely different. Also theres alot of devastated areas by the dragons wich i think is frkn awesome.
    Heres an example : Dragonbrand

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragonbrand

You can see the Scar " Dragonbrand" on the right side of the Tyrian map, its huge and alot of affected servants of Kralkatorrik wander there " the branded". Also i have to say that the new tyrian map looks kinda different than the old one..

4. Silas

Silas Well-Known Member

feuerinseln-maguuma-dschungel-kryta-ascalon-ruinen-kristallwüste-zittergipfel.jpg Old and New map of Tyria..
    1844_264477_640803.jpg

1 person likes this.
  5. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

I like when they add more land/content into the game but sometimes its too much. WoW had a ton of new content in each expansion and in the last one they went back to the original content they had and reworked it. Whats the point of all the excess content in a MMORPG when the old content turns into a ghost town/forgotten. If they can prevent that from happening then I got no reason to dislike additional content.

6. Brains

Brains Well-Known Member

Me too, I absolutely HATE it when previous content turns into something that isn't used anymore. I'm in a MMORPG to see people surrounding me. It was depressing when I came back to WoW for WOTLK, and back to vanilla land only to see nobody anywhere.