Quantcast

What is your favorite memory of a Zelda game?

Discussion in 'The Legend of Zelda' started by digitalsatori, Mar 3, 2015.

1. digitalsatori

digitalsatori Active Member

Mine was burning the bush in the very first game to reveal the hidden stairs. I can't for the life of me, remember where they went - but I remember burning the bush.

Fighting your shadow in Adventure of Link and trying desperately to dodge the black creatures on the overworld map.

And finally, riding a horse for the first time in Ocarina of Time.

So. Many. Feels.

2. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

I'd go with the horse riding tutorials and whatnot at the Ranch. I remember that, although those aren't necessarily all fond memories.

3. jeremy2092

jeremy2092 Member

I enjoyed beating A Link to the Past. I never played it all the way through until a few years ago, and it was so satisfying to have beaten it finally.

4. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Member

The horse riding from OoT as well as the music playing and smashing up all the pots. You can't beat smashing them for ruppes :p

5. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

I really enjoyed the horse training as well. It was a really beautiful moment in the game and also proved to be a pretty great tutorial. I also just loved working with Epona in this section of the game.

6. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

My favorite memory is receiving the gold cartridge for Legend of Zelda. I still have it today. I logged into the game console with the game inside and after an intro, I see a green hat elf thing on a 2D world with what looked like a sword, surrounded by pixelated mountains or was that grass fields? It was a long time ago.

Mind you, my favorite game wasn't Legend of Zelda. It would be Zelda 64, Ocarina of Time.

7. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Well-Known Member Regular

I enjoy talking to Tingle no matter what Zelda game he is in. He's a grown man thinking he is a fairy. But that's OK because he at least does something useful, like selling maps.

8. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I like when you can change the season and also the secret passages if you move or smash the things or use shovel. I forgot which Zelda game was that though.

9. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Well-Known Member Regular

Wind Waker is the only game that pops into my head as far as changing seasons. Is that what you mean?

10. ChilledFlamez

ChilledFlamez Member

Getting the Heart Piece in Fun Fun Island in Skyward Sword in my first try. I think I was so happy because I was told that it was theoretically the hardest heart piece to obtain, and I did it without really thinking.

11. TurningCoffee

TurningCoffee Member

My favorite memory from a Zelda game was just the experience of playing Windwaker as a kid. I worked so hard on that game, and it was probably one of the first long titles that I'd gotten close to completing. Unfortunately when I reached the area before the final boss my memory card got corrupted and I lost everything. Since then I haven't touched the game. I did enjoy watching my roomate 100% it though last spring on the Wii U version. I also remember playing the heck out of the minish cap. To this day I feel that that game is one of the most underrated in the franchise.

12. dreamocracy

dreamocracy Member

Learning the songs from Sheik in Ocarina of Time - I loved the music in that game and thought it was such a cool feature. Whenever I would replay the games, I would save before going to my favorite song-learning cutscenes so that I could watch them multiple times. Then I would try to play them on my keyboard as well. Such a fun memory!

13. Necrotica

Necrotica Active Member Regular

My favorite memory was when I played my first Zelda game, Link's Awakening. I only played the handheld games as a kid because I didn't have an N64, so Link's Awakening and the Oracle series were pretty much my Zelda childhood.

14. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member Regular

Mine would have to be the first Zelda game. The little skeleton men you would have to fight in some of the lairs. I always thought those characters were pretty cool.

15. Jboh

Jboh Active Member Regular

The first time I beat A Link's Awakening is a special memory for me. I saw my death count and was completely disgusted. (It was around 500+ deaths.) I spent the rest of the month trying to lower my death count to a respectable level It was the first time I realized that I was going to be a hardcore gamer when I grew older. :p

16. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Everything about Majora's Mask and solving people's problems before the impending destruction of the entire village. I always loved that.

17. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I think for me it was the Ocarina of Time game and how it was designed and was quite good for the time it was released and enjoyed the quests you did and helping the people out and fighting the enemies who were fierce, and also the exploration of the world which was nice to view and move around and amazing as well. The way your character was and also was appealing which made playing the game interesting as you wanted to know what is going to happen further on down the road and wanted to see what the boss battles will be like when you continue playing the game and understand the story. I reckon that it was a game which had nice graphics and you could see the character you play as and you are saving the world, and opposing the evil forces who want to rule and get rid of the good people who are against the side of evil in the game.

18. SimiWolfie

SimiWolfie Active Member Regular

My favorite memory is beating the Ocarina of Time in just under 3 days time. It took me a mere weekend to win the game, and in that amount of time, my brother (who had received it for his birthday) hadn't even gotten a chance to boot it up himself. It was thrilling, and quite honestly, it was the first game I was ever able to play without any help.

19. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Getting the Master Sword for the first time in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. It felt so powerful. The buildup to getting it was cool, as well, and I love the look of the Lost Woods.

A shame the lustre of the Master Sword wears off, like, one dungeon later. Still pretty great for the assault on Hyrule Castle.

20. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

For me it was in minish cap where you are tiny and walking in a path with giant leaves and acorns. It starts to rain and you have to avoid the giant rain drops. I have no idea why that is what comes to mind.