What is the best gun in Metro 2033?

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by andybecci, Feb 4, 2013.

1. andybecci

andybecci New Member

What is the best gun in Metro 2033?

2. Crossing

Crossing Well-Known Member

There is no "end all" best gun, most of them have their ups and downs.

That being said, I really like the VSV, and really hate the Volt Driver.

3. rex "alky'' change

rex "alky'' change Well-Known Member

the volt driver is too overpowered no matter what the difficult is it and thus it completely ruin this atmospheric game since you dont had to be worry about your gun ;)

personally i like vsv and heavy auto shotgun bang bang all problem gone :lol:

4. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't like the Volt Driver, nor any Pneumatic Weapon.
    I usually go with the AK.

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

As Crossing cleverly pointed out, there is no best weapon in the game. The one that's best is the one that is best for you personally and for the way you play (stealthy or run 'n' gun, cautious or carefree, etc.). :)

6. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

personally, the long barrel revolver, the VSV and the semi-auto shotgun.

7. Keavon

Keavon Well-Known Member

Best for which situation? You won't find any shotgun to be good at sniping, and visa versa.

8. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

AK and the Kalash2012 :p

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

The Volt Driver was overpowered indeed, but that makes me like it, not to dislike it.
    The automatic shotgun was a lot of fun to go around with and just go BOOM BOOM BOOM, problem solved. Despite this, I actually don't think it was overpowered, concidering how much ammunition it swallowed and spit out compared with its power.

All in all, my favorite must be the VSV. It's silence, and it's very very fast. I found it my best friend when going through the level with the Lurkers. That's how I found it easier to kill Lurkers than to kill librarians; just always be on guard, never have your back turned in one direction for too long, and use short bursts the few times that they actually manage to get close enough to dare to try to leap at you.

10. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

I love the VSV and Kalash 2012. Also the semi-auto shotgun but my favorite is the Bastard. You can't hate a gun called The Bastard.

11. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

It really depends on the situation, from the assault rifle class I'd say they're all equally good but just for different purposes. From shotguns/pneumatic weapons I usually prefer the Uboinik with bayonet - you spend a lot of time reloading so it's nice to be able to knife an enemy down in the process. Handguns I'd sayd revolver with stock and silencer, but no optics. It's a perfect CQB weapon that'll knock down most enemies in two shots.

12. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

It depends on what difficulty you're playing IMO.
    On ranger hardcore the Kalash is a one shot kill for most things even with dirty rounds, combine that with a high RoF and good range/accuracy it's perfect for nearly every scenario other than extremely close range where the spread of a shotgun shell can sometimes be better or when fighting Librarians.

If you play hardcore (not ranger hardcore) though, then you're right.

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I too found the Kalash to be quite overkill on ranger hardcore.

14. pulkmees

pulkmees Member

Auto shotgun is the most worthwhile weapon in the game.On my first playthrough I kept the one you get in Dry station untill the end of the game.
    There is no best weapon(although Volt Driver is pretty close, it is also overpowered)

Most satisfying - Helsing(you only need the arrows you scavenge, so there is no need to buy them and stealth kills are very satisfying;Also, Librarians die in 3 arrows to the head, while sleeping Black Librarians go down in one arrow)

Most useless(for me) - Tihar(Doesn´t seem to penetrate think armor at times and goes wildly inaccurate when fired rapidly and it´s not even that stealthy most of the time and it´s quite redundant now as the Volt Driver is in the game)

15. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

The Volt Driver is really powerful indeed, but it also has to be charged from time to time, slows down the player's movement speed and has a small magazine size; these elements in my opinion balance it out. The Tihar is pretty weak, I agree, but it can be a great weapon for stealthy one shot-one kill headshots. :)

16. metro

metro Member

i like the volt driver!!

17. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I always thought of the Tihar as one of the more powerful weapons? Seems to one shot kill most things, even through armour.