What is the best Elder Scrolls game?

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online' started by Aakash, Jan 28, 2015.

1. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Skyrim as everyone said. That beats the devil out of anyone! I mean apart from the really good graphics it has a really interesting gameplay. It's really a pitty that they didn't have implemented the online there.

2. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would say Morrowind wins this one by a huge margin. That is the only TES game that actually had a good story. Also, the entire setting is extremely beautiful and full of atmosphere, something no other TES game could capture.

3. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, that was one of my favorite quests. And one of my favorite weapons of course.
    I think I'd read that Morrowind had some pretty wild quests too. I didn't spend that much time in it(around 4-5 hours) to experience them though because I had created my character in a "wrong" way so I couldn't play without creating a new, functional character.
    It of course had that dude falling from the sky at the beginning, so that was pretty interesting to say the least. :p

4. Rantallin

Rantallin New Member

I loved all the games but the most unique and memorable to me was definitely Morrowind. Vvardenfell had so many creatures and environments that no areas in the other games had, besides Solstheim in Skyrim. It was the first one I played and the story and all the characters in it just really stuck with me. It's also the one I go back to playing the most often, so although Skyrim and Oblivion were amazing in their own ways, I think Morrowind was the best to me. Going back even further I know Daggerfall was incredibly huge and a really good game, but I haven't played it enough to compare it to Morrowind.

Morrowind had so many wacky quests and characters it was just great, like Tarhiel falling from the sky at the beginning like was just mentioned. All the factions were really great, I always leaned towards playing as a Telvanni Wizard and working towards have my own tower and levitating all over the place. It's also hilarious in my opinion how exploitable the game was, with alchemy and fortify skill effects.

5. SimiWolfie

SimiWolfie Active Member
    Regular

Skyrim, I'd have to say. Oblivion was entirely off-putting to me. I never liked it, and I'm not really sure why. I like watching my girlfriend play Oblivion, though.
    Skyrim is just much more user-friendly in my opinion.

6. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, what generally happens with series like ESO is that the UI and mechanism get better, and the gameplay improves, but the story and immersion get worse. it is hard to recreate the magic of the personalities of original NPCs and also the story just gets harder to write the more history you have beause you are somewhat penned in.

7. malavicious

malavicious Hero of Justice
    Regular

I'm saddened that so many people here have only played Oblivion and Skyrim and completely forgotten Morrowind. I can forgive forgetting Daggerfall at this point, and Arena doesn't even really count anymore, but my heart will always belong to Morrowind. Fantastic immersive world, an actually good main quest, actually rewarding side missions, it's got Skyrim beat in everything. Only the character models have aged poorly, and that's always fixable by mods, though of course the chargen will never be on the same tier as Skyrim. In fact, I think it's only as a dress-up simulator that later games have Morrowind beat.

8. djskyrim

djskyrim Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have followed the series since Morrowind. To me that game is still great. However, Skyrim blew me away with its graphics and stuff. It was like someone got into my head, and created a world exactly like I imagined it to be. I really would like them to create an even better version, but I'm not sure if its possible.

Also, Oblivion does have a better story-line, but then a game is so much more than just the story-line.

9. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member
    Regular

For me, it's Skyrim. Hands down. Morrowind had better quests, and Oblivion had better aesthetics, but Skyrim is the perfect blend of great RPG elements. I have never been engrossed in a game as much as Skyrim. And I loved every single moment of it.

And especially the mods. They make the game so much more that it is. And literally makes it unending, to be honest.

10. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

Skyrim is a good blend of both Morrowind and Oblivion, and while I don`t think Skyrim is better then Morrowind, it is by far better then Oblivion.

11. userbutnotloser

userbutnotloser Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would also go with Skyrim because of its graphics it seems to be a real world and is more attractive and immersive.It's too realistic.

12. userbutnotloser

userbutnotloser Well-Known Member
    Regular

Mine is Skyrim and Oblivion.Probably there's not any best of then Skyrim it's because of its good graphics and sound is awesome to hear and while playing I feel the real thrill and it looks to be more realistic.

13. djskyrim

djskyrim Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah in terms of graphics, Skyrim did beat its predecessors. And I can't wait for the next edition of the Elder Scrolls game.

14. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would have to say Skyrim. I played Oblivion, but the magic skills were really faulty, as you can't use it for combat 100% of the time. In Skyrim, I always loved playing the pure mage, and it was a delight to grow as a character with very low mana pool and a limited set of magic skills, into a master of the elements that can rain pure lightning continuously to his enemies. It was a very awesome experience to have. Mage combat style rules!

15. Benoit W

Benoit W Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'vе plаyеd аll оf thеm оvеr thе yеаrs, but thе оnе I hаvе put thе mоst hоurs intо is Skyrim. Thе vеry bеst thing аbоut аll thеsе gаmеs thоugh is thе mоdding соmmunity. I'vе plаyеd thе gаmеs 'vаnillа', but thеrе аrе sо mаny аmаzing mоds оut thеrе thаt саn соmplеtеly pеrsоnаlisе yоur gаming еxpеriеnсе аnd mаkе thеsе wоrlds yоur оwn. Thаt tо mе is thе truе dеlight оf аll thе еldеr Sсrоlls gаmеs.

#55 Benoit W, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  16. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would agree that Skyrim is the best, and for many of the same reasons that the other users have highlighted. I just liked playing it more, and for that means it is the best.

17. Green67

Green67 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Mоrrоwind is а grеаt gаmе but thе lасk оf а сlеаr mаp mаkеs it vеry diffiсult. оbliviоn wаs а wоndеrful gаmе with grеаt DLс's аnd stоrylinе(s). Gеtting riсh in оbliviоn is muсh hаrdеr thаn Skyrim. I'vе plаyеd thrоugh Skyrim оn 360 twiсе аnd I hаvе nо lеss thаn $250,000 оn еасh. I'vе put а lоt оf timе intо оbliviоn аs wеll, but I hаvе yеt tо brеаk $100k. оbliviоn's mаp is vеry hеlpful аnd еvеry pаrt оf оbliviоn lеаns tоwаrd thе mоst immеrsivе еxpеriеnсе I'vе еvеr еxpеriеnсеd. Mоrrоwind is just аs immеrsivе but thе trаnsitiоn bеtwееn аrеnа аnd Dаggеrfаll tо оbliviоn аnd Skyrim is аpаrеnt. Mоrrоwind sееms tо lасk а truе sеnsе оf, bеing. It sееms likе а соnfusеd trаnsitiоn. Nоt Dаggеrfаll оr оbliviоn, but sоmеthing in bеtwееn. Sо аftеr this, my vоtе gоеs tо оbliviоn.

18. Benoit W

Benoit W Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think thе rеаsоn Mоrrоwind is оftеn mеntiоnеd аs 'thе bеst оnе' is its соmplеtе frееdоm - аllоwing thе plаyеr tо mаkе mistаkеs аnd hаvе tо dеаl with thе соnsеquеnсеs (yоu саn kill quеst-еssеntiаl NPсs fоr еxаmplе). Mаny gаmеrs likе hаving this сhоiсе. Mоst mоdеrn gаmеs dо nоt аllоw thе plаyеr tо fаil оr 'sсrеw up'. оr gо intо highеr lеvеl аrеаs bеfоrе yоu аrе prеpаrеd tо dо sо instеаd оf gаmеs sсаling with thе аdvеnturеr (likе Skyrim dоеs).

19. Haroon

Haroon Active Member
    Regular

I play usually both skyrim and oblivion.But I would prefer skyrim because of its wonderful graphics.One feel better while playing skyrim with nicer and attractive graphics.There are many mods of skyrim that you can install easily and play them in a more convenient and reliable environment.I have installed only a few mods of skyrim which I play on the daily basis.

20. TheArticulate

TheArticulate Member
    Regular

I've always been huge a Oblivion fan. I picked up on the Xbox 360 under recommendation from a friend, and that was probably one of the greatest gaming experiences I had as a high schooler. I fell in love with Tamriel, and all of the quests that were available. Really, Oblivion was my first venture into open world RPG gaming, which changed my perception on how video games work quite a bit. Breaking away from linear storyline driven games was a huge change for me.