What if CoD: Advanced Warfare was 3rd Person?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty WWII' started by Jxhn, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Jxhn

Jxhn Member

Call of Duty has been, and most likely always will be, a first person shooter (FPS game).

However, what would happen if Advanced Warfare, or upcoming Call of Duty games, were released in only 3rd person perspective? Do you guys think this would positively or negatively affect sales of the game? Would this feature be a game changer if not a game breaker?

Also, if Advanced Warfare was released as a 3rd person game, would you still be willing to pay for it?

2. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Terrible question. It wouldn't make sense, and the entire game would have to be changed to accommodate third-person shooter elements. It would become Ghost Recon:Future Soldier 2, that's what would happen.

3. Jxhn

Jxhn Member

I am sorry if I have offended you with this question haha ;). For example, GTA V was originally 3rd person only but has been updated with a 1st person view. I enjoy playing GTA V in both perspectives, and I don't think that one is better than the other. What I meant to ask is if this was implemented in a Call of Duty game, would it be a complete game breaker? Because, as we have seen, these changes are successful in other games.

4. flamingor

flamingor Well-Known Member

I have always been used to playing GTA V with third-person and Call of Duty games in first-person. As most people are, I hate changes on my favorite games since the controls and running would just feel a bit off when I'm playing it.

5. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

It might somewhat work if it were something like Gears of War. Still I don't think that CoD would ever be third person since it would alienate quite a substantial proportion of their playerbase.

6. sakil99

sakil99 Member

I only play this game for its first person shooting experience.

7. rabst

rabst Member

I think part of the allure of the game is that it's you (rather than a 'the character you control') that has the weapons-control.

8. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Exactly. CoD is known for frenetic, intense gameplay, and that essentially goes away by making it a third-person shooter. You can have a fast-paced third-person shooter, but it's not the same experience if "you" aren't the one running around the field and shooting people. It's different when you're looking over "another person's" shoulders doing the same thing.

9. gadin210

gadin210 Well-Known Member

I think I would like that alot. Yes, I like the fps of call of duty. But I think it would be awesome if they implemented a third person mode and made it like a full fledged game in third person!