What hero in Overwatch do you think needs a nerf?

Discussion in 'Overwatch (MOBA)' started by nuekboi, May 26, 2016.

1. nuekboi

nuekboi Member
    Regular

I know a lot of people will probably say Bastion, and I'd probably agree with you. I'm gonna against the grain here and say that Lucio on Control maps is absolutely crazy. The design of the maps lets him glide across anywhere and everyone is in close proximity so his buffs and ulti are that much more effective. If you see two teams on a control map and only one has Lucio, that one is far more likely to win. The problem is I'm not sure how you'd nerf his presence on control maps without making him totally useless on Attack/Defend and Payload

2. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

I actually think that the game is pretty balanced. Bastion is not OP, there are plenty of good ways to counter him easily: a sniper, Tracer, Genji, and so on. People die against him because they simply play dumb or don't communicate with their team in order to gank him. Just don't go against his line of fire.

3. dazzled

dazzled Member
    Regular

McCree could get toned down a little bit I think. He fills so many holes in lineups. I've seen competitive games where they run 2 and even 3 McCrees. I'm not really sure how to change him. Maybe make his secondary fire more inaccurate? Make his damage fall off with range?

4. Lulu

Lulu Member
    Regular

I know he's not one of the most played but Torjborn can be OP and it's fairly irritating to play against when someone knows what they're doing with him. I don't like that the turrets have perfect accuracy and can be placed so often and upgraded so quickly.

5. Foub

Foub Member
    Regular

I feel like McCree needs a nerf because he counters a lot of heroes with no real weaknesses. He is the biggest counters to assassin heroes like Genji and tracer because of his flash bomb and he melts tanks because of his right click ability. A good McCree player can out duel most heroes of equal skill level. Other then McCree I feel like the game is fairly balanced for just being released.

6. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I honestly can't think of any that need nerfing, in fact, some need a little bit of a buff. The heroes that seem overpowered are only effective against unorganized teams. If you have a good team setup any of the heroes that give people problems become easy to deal with.

7. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Widowmaker's damage is way too high, and the charge time on her rifle is too low. She can just spam away and kill most units in two bodyshots, no aim prowess required. (Directed at PC version, where aim precision using mouse is a lot finer than controller)

8. dazzled

dazzled Member
    Regular

Well McCree and Widow have been nerfed now. I'm interested to see their balance direction, if they tune everything up or if they tune everything down. I feel Zarya might be the next to get a nerf.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I feel like Zarya definitely needs a little nerf but I'm glad they lowered Widowmaker's damage, it started to get annoying. Other than that I think the game is pretty balanced when it comes to the characters, not a lot of nerfs/buffs needed.

10. Patrickz

Regular

I'm not a console player but from what I've heard Torjborn is broken on consoles, since it's a lot harder to aim using a controller. The turret locks on and kills you faster than you can aim.

11. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

Me. I need a nerf. I'm like a god at this game on accident. I need to start recording some of the ridiculous stuff I'm getting away with, I'm like macguyver meets the three stooges meets master chief over here

12. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I find the characters to be fairly balanced although maybe I'm just missing something since I don't have as much time put into it as of now. From what I have experienced so far though the ones they have already nerfed so far are the ones I did consider needing it so I'm pleased.

13. Patrickz

Regular

I think people just need to learn not to focus fire Zarya first while she has her barrier. Her damage at zero charge is rather pitiful.

14. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

It 's really to early to QQ about OP heroes and nerfs. Give me a break.

15. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think it’s prоbаbly Luсiо.
    Yеаh, hе аtе а nеrf tо his spееd аmp, but ultimаtеly thаt wаs а prеtty minоr nеrf. In соmpеtitivе, hе соntinuеs tо sее thе highеst plаy rаtе оf аny hеrо in thе gаmе, аnd his win rаtе is quitе dесеnt. In prо plаy, hе’s аlmоst аlwаys а pаrt оf еvеry tеаm’s соmp, еspесiаlly with thе сurrеnt 3/3 mеtа. Thе tеаm-widе spееd bооst simply prоvidеs sо muсh utility fоr rushing pоints, аnd brеаking pаst thе еnеmy’s dеfеnsivе linе, thаt hе is bаsiсаlly rеquirеd fоr high tiеr tеаm plаy.