What headphones do you use for gaming?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by iShootRocks, Oct 6, 2013.

1. iShootRocks

iShootRocks Member

I use Audio Technica ATH-M50s. They are superb for gaming and even better for listening to music since they are studio monitors. I absolutely love them. What about you guys?

2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I don't use headphones I find them to be uncomfortable I just have a standard pair of speakers that I am happy with.

3. ZackBanana

ZackBanana Member

All the headphones I've owned stopped working within a year or less. Logitech, Skullcandy, you name it. Now I use KOSS Ur/29, these are by far the most sturdy headphones I've ever seen. I don't remember when I bought them, but it's been a much better investment than any of my previous purchases. The sound quality is great and they fold up neatly for easy storage.
    They aren't noise-cancelling, but they do a good job at muffling the sound around you. People think I'm going to go damage my ears when I listen to music because I can never hear them talking to me. They think I'm listening at a deafening volume. The truth is, I was listening at the lowest volume possible, the headphones were just blocking their voices out.
    Another good thing about these headphones is that they almost never tangle, the wire is too thick for it to get tied up.

4. casiolol

casiolol Well-Known Member

I didn't invest much in my headphones. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 201 headphones that are serviceable. I don't always use them for video games. I'll use them for youtube playlists and the radio too.

5. iShootRocks

iShootRocks Member

Yeah that's how my headphones are. If I have any sound playing out of them its impossible to hear anything around me! I think the noise cancelling ones are almost a waste of money now that I have these.

6. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Same here. So much better.

7. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

I use Corsair 1500's at work and 1300's at home. Both are great IMO.

8. NatureSun

NatureSun Well-Known Member

I have the Pulse Elite for my PlayStation 3.

They're actually pretty great and I think it was a great investment. An added bonus is that they will work with PS4 as well. So it's good for me.

9. sunkinship

sunkinship Member

I never spent much on my gaming headphones, but what I have is a pair of those cheap turtle-beaches from gamestop, and the bass speaker seems to be close to blowing too since I like to use it while I relax and listen to The Glitch Mob.

10. jardantuan

jardantuan Active Member

I have a pair of Sennheisers - cost me about £15, had them for two years with no problems. Excellent sound, incredibly comfortable, and very durable (I can be pretty clumsy sometimes).

Despite the fact that I'm always using them, I could never justify spending big on a pair of headphones, not while the rest of my gear is relatively cheap.

11. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Well-Known Member

Well I've had a pair of relatively cheap Skullcandy headphones for a while but I mostly use a friend's Bose earphones for gaming while in college. Both do the job well enough but the latter have a clearer sound and are also easier to use while gaming.

12. kimjongchill

kimjongchill Active Member

I bought a pair of Bose AE2 headphones a few years ago and I've just been using those for everything. I wish I researched headphones more before investing $150 into these, but at least I use them frequently and they haven't broken yet on me.

13. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

Well $150 for Bose isn't bad and I'm sure they're good quality? If you're happy with them and they've lasted years then it's all good! :)

14. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I bought a pair of Sony headphones they are pretty good for the money they were a little more the 20 bucks only reason why I bought these were for late night gaming for when other people are trying to sleep, but for during the day I use just my speakers.

15. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

I second this! Sony ear/headphones are really good for the money. You won't get more bang for buck :)

16. OmarFW

OmarFW Well-Known Member
    Regular

I currently use a pair of JVC HARX300's.

Out of the box they are not the best sounding, but with proper equalization they can sound great. They are super cheap, comfortable enough for long gaming sessions and have lasted me a while now. Just wrap the super long cord up with a hair band or something so it doesn't drag everywhere.

If you want something with more bass, you can try out the larger HARX700's. They sound much better and are beefier sounding, without being too much more expensive.

I don't use headsets anymore because they are often overpriced pieces of doody. I use a Samson Go mic for my VOIP needs as it sounds much better than any crappy headset mic ever will.

If you have a large budget, pick up a Go mic and a pair of Sennheiser or Bose headphones for uber sound quality. Just stay away from overpriced, uncomfortable headsets that break after a couple months of use. Especially Logitech ones.

17. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

I like my good-ole' Logitechs! They were $30 and have never failed me once. I think the mic quality is a bit low but for the price they are amazing.

18. Psybe

Psybe Well-Known Member

Afterglow Headsets.

19. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

For general use, I use the Sony MDR-V150 headphones. The current pair is my third pair. For gaming and video narration, I use the Genius HS-G500V headphones. Unfortunately, even though the sound quality and overall structure is well built, I can only wear the Genius headphones for no more than 2 hours before my ears start to hurt. For my Sony ones, I can wear it for half a day and it will be fine.

20. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

A pair of Logitech H600's. I love em. Only 70 bucks and they are wireless to boot.