What do you want in a guild?

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by JohnBeaulieu, May 14, 2015.

1. JohnBeaulieu

JohnBeaulieu Well-Known Member

Do you prefer raiding guilds? Do you like PvP guilds? Is a casual social guild more your style? What kind of guild are you in and why?

2. Michelle

Michelle Well-Known Member

I'm an extremely casual player. When I took my break from WoW (late last year), I was max level and about iLvl 535 I believe, so I did have a little bit of progression but I was not a "raider" by any means. That said, the social aspect of WoW is something that I have always been personally fond of, and in any guild I have ever joined, the promise of a social guild is what lured me and the failure to deliver is what made me disband.

I have 0 interest in PvP. I don't mind a guild raid, and I know fight mechanics to the raids, but I've also no interest in the kind of guild or raid where you HAVE to attend, and sit there for hours through multiple wipes on Vent or Teamspeak while the guild leader yells at you for something. I have too many bad memories of my husband basically ignoring me every Tuesday and Friday night for years lol.

So yeah, I would say being social is my #1 biggest thing I look for in a guild. People who are nice to each other, when you say "hi" they reply back, and conversations actually happen.

JohnBeaulieu likes this.
  3. JohnBeaulieu

JohnBeaulieu Well-Known Member

I got fed up with the way some social guilds I tried turned out so I started my own. It has survived 3 disbands and multiple officer changes over the years but it is still going strong. If I don't see anybody on my battlenet friends list on I usually don't log in for longs. The game is just more fun when it's casual and you have people to share it with. It makes it easier to break away for the kids or my wife as well.

4. Michelle

Michelle Well-Known Member

Yes, absolutely! I'm actually surprised at the amount of people who don't enjoy the social aspect of the game. But then I guess I understand it to some point. When I first started playing, I wanted NOTHING to do with other players. No groups, no guild, I wouldn't even reply to whispers. I'm not sure if I just felt awkward being a new player or what. But I quickly got over that. Now I think I actually prefer just doing random quests and chatting to friends vs. actively trying for progression.