Necromancer What do you think of this build?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2 - Profession Discussion' started by Level 1, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Level 1

Level 1 Member

1 person likes this.
  2. Knives

Knives Well-Known Member

That's a good build, finally seeing more people into the condition side of the necromancer than minions. What is your plan with this build? Such as solo/group PvP/PVE

3. Level 1

Level 1 Member

I'll try some PVE with this, but I was thinking WvW. I will solo and kite people letting the cons do their work. Group to play D and attack, hang in back and AOE cons . If they Con to slow me down, I have Deathly Swarm that will remove 3 cons on a successful attack,that would be good for Kiting. Also I tweaked the traits so I now cast Chilblains at 25% health and took off the area heal when leaving death shroud. For a group I think if I'm AOEing Cons I would change Signet of Spite for Plague Signet, so I can take all the Cons on the group and put it on a foe, then use epidemic to AOE it to the Enemy group. I think it's a good build for WvW. How easy can utility skills be changed out?

4. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

I like the new build more, its more focused on bleeds than previously. I don't got much else to say on suggestions in terms of your build as i'm not familiar much with the necromancer, but i'm curious why you removed wail of doom for mark of blood.

5. Level 1

Level 1 Member

Unholy Feast is what i wanted, it does more damage for each condition on a foe. I'm playing around with builds, and looking at what other people are doing.

I have the Staff, for the AOE condition marks. I think that will work well in WvW when I'm defending a keep on walls above the group attacking.

Scepter, I need Deathly Swarm to remove conditions from my self and dagger for Unholy Feast.

Blood Fiend for healing.

Blood is Power for the bleeding effect and it will give me 25% to my life force.

Signet of Spite for passive increase in power. I can quickly give 5 conditions to a foe and spread it to others via Epidemic if I'm fighting a group. If not just use Unholy Feast for a powerful quick shot of damage.

Epidemic will spread conditions.

Plague will help spread conditions.

15 in Spite. 5 Gain life when i kill something, 10 retaliation in Death Shroud, 15 Power is converted into healing.

25 in Curses. 5 Crits cause bleeding, 10 chance of crit causing weakness (Major trait), 15 fury when I'm in Death shroud, 20 gain life force when I crit (Major trait), 25 increased damage for each condition on a foe.

5 in Blood Magic for steal life when I crit.

25 in Soul Reaping. 5 Life force fills faster, 10 stability in Death Shroud, 15 spectral armor at 25% health, 20 Death Shroud cool down reduced by 50%, 25 gain more power based on how much life force I have up to +100.

I want to keep bleed, Poison and cripple on my foe, I have a lot in crits, and Death Shroud. So I want to be in Death Shroud as much as I can, where I'm immune to crippled, chilled, knockdown, launch and knockback from Stability. Fury gives me increased critical hit by 20%. Retaliation will do X damage to anyone that hits me.

Signet of Spite and Plague I will save for a close fight and I need some quick damage, again that's why I changed war horn to dagger for the extra damage it will do per condition.

Death to Life will help will healing, Strength of Undeath will add more power for Life Force I have, and for a little defense I have Spectral Armor at 25 % Health. Spectral Armor will reduce damage to me by 33% for 8 secs. So I think I would like to try this build.

I might change out steal life when I crit for 5 more in Soul Reaping and use Life Force drains slower in Death Shroud trait. I just don't know how effective steal life will be.

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=3822g04m4olplq4u10fp05p4v57586567 this is my build that I talked about above.