Quantcast

What do you think of the new pokemon game for the 3DS?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by lindbergh, Aug 26, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

Pokemon X and Y is about to launch on October 2013 for the 3DS. I've seen some video footage of it and it looks awesome. It's now in 3D. It's cell shaded visuals are reminiscent to that seen in the Dragon Warrior series. Though I was a bit used to 2D graphics, this is a welcome change. I do hope that the gameplay receives an upgrade too. Here's a video of the game in action:

What do you think?

2. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

I think its something to look forward to. Can't wait to try pokemon x and y. This is my first time to hear of the "mega-pokemon" concept, I think its a cool change though.

3. LemonTea

LemonTea Member

I really like the new 3d art-style, a lot more refreshing than the old tiny sprites.

Has anyone seen the short movie with Mega-Mewtwo? Of course I'm sure the anime and game are going to be different but it was interesting how Mewtwo would switch between the two forms to use its skills.

I just hope the storyline is a bit different. I'm growing tired of the beat 8 gyms to enter the Pokemon League, also this evil organization is trying to take over the world.

4. NatureSun

NatureSun Well-Known Member

This game looks so phenomenal! Finally a true pokemon game made for the 3DS!

The graphics look amazing, and the pokemon of course great as well. I love the inclusion of mega pokemons as well!

5. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1 Active Member

I don't own a 3DS, but currently there are so many games I want to try on it that I think I may now have my arm twisted!

This one looks pretty good in my opinion.

Mega Mewtwo? Was that the movie out in 2000 that came with a shiny trading card? I have that somewhere... Saying that, wasn't that when Mew was introduced? Maybe i'm thinking about something completely different.

6. Game

Game Member

Well, to be honest? I played my Pokemon games on my emulator as a kid, and to this day the single most used feature in any GBA game for me is the spacebar. The spacebar speeds up the game! It's INVALUABLE when playing Pokemon games since everything has an intro, which I find really distasteful. I'm not really the patient type (unless I have to, which I don't when playing a game) and waiting through the battle intro may seem trivial, but after about twenty times, you start to get annoyed.

7. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1 Active Member

Oh I hate the intro's as well! I find them completely pointless after the first time watching it. I have patience, I just don't get the intro's haha.

8. andy103

andy103 Active Member

I am actually really interested in it! The 3D aspect to it is what really interests me. I have been waiting so long for the games to start going three demential so you were more in the world. I just don't think I'll recognize any of the new pokemon. I think the first generation will always be my favorite.

9. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1 Active Member

Yeah, me too. I want to get it for Animal Crossing: New Leaf too. I didn't think the 3D aspect would be as good as it is on the games anyway. I'd like to see how Pokemon is in it.

10. KKrage

KKrage Well-Known Member

I quite like the new Pokemon game. It has great 3d graphics! New Pokemon are introduced and new evolutions (mega) are brought to the game. However, the bad side is you have to buy a new DS because the old DSs can't cope with the new graphics.

11. I personally have greatly enjoyed Pokemon X and Y, it actually probably is one of my favourite Pokemon games so far and really has improved on the previous games by quite a lot. Not only are the graphics amazing but the game also has a pretty good storyline as well as amazing new and interesting Pokemon.

I personally really enjoyed the game and would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed any of the previous Pokemon games.

12. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Well-Known Member

I love that they did something new with the look of it. It definitely helps to update the series so new players will be interested and pick it up. I know it caught my eye when I was looking at preview footage of the game.

13. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Pokémon was never knowed for having the best graphics, but relied more on story and fun factor, but they did a huge improvement from the previous game which is a plus, but I have not played the game so I don't know how those other two elements stack up to previous game.

14. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Pokemon is a slowly evolving game but I really love what they have gotten around to changing in this installment along with the awesome new graphics.

15. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Well-Known Member

I finally got my copy on Saturday and I can't stop playing! Picked up Pokemon X and I love it. The 3D perspective is a little disorienting when you're walking around town and you exit a building, but the game is really addictive, otherwise.

16. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

I really like the Concept of another final evolution, I haven't played X or Y yet but I definitely intend to, and very soon too.

17. forte210392

forte210392 Active Member

The game has been pretty phenomenal for me so far. I've spent the most hours on it out of all my other Pokemon Games. It has made online battling so much easier, and with the addition of Mega Evolutions and the new Fairy type, the whole competitive scene has been rewritten!

18. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member Regular

I was just not looking forward to the new pokemon games. I had seen trailers, etc. and paid no mind to the games. I was pleasantly surprised when I got the chance to pick it up. It's actually a lot of fun to play, but I still appreciate the classics much more.

19. Lolman112

Lolman112 Well-Known Member

Don't like them as well. They are making more and more pokemon, trying to get more money out of their customers until there are 10000 pokemon. I really liked the part where you could name every pokemon, and the possibilities to breed where smart too, but MEGA-evolutions etc.... that just goes too far for me.

20. tygh12

tygh12 Member

Like a lot of other people, I don't really like the new pokemon games (black and white, x and y) because they are constantly adding more pokemon and everything just gets over-advanced. I enjoyed the previous generations, like diamond, pearl, and platinum.

~tygh12