What do you think is this game's strong points?

Discussion in 'The Crew' started by deathbyprayer, Oct 8, 2014.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer Well-Known Member

Aside from the obvious, what do you think would make this game stand out from the rest of the racing games. I've played a lot of racing games and to be honest with you I don't really find them that appealing anymore because, well how far can racing games go?

I mean after all all you do is drive. So I was wondering, with all the fuss going on around this Ubisoft driving game, what do you think would make this game hit the top?

2. spyre

spyre New Member

I think the main thing that stands out is that it's an open world game. You can freely drive through the map in real time and engage in real time races. I don't think there's much of a market for it though as the graphics do suffer some what for what I see.

A graphical improvement and more advertising would probably do wonders for it.

3. TheKid

TheKid Member

I think that in racing games the player should be able to "get out" of his car kind of like GTA but the main focus should be the cars/racing instead of guns and hookers.

4. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member
    Regular

The game being open world isn't that much of a deal, after all, Most Wanted was open world too. The graphics aren't that special, so they could use some work, but knowing Ubisoft, they will only downgrade them on PC/[insert more powerful console here] in order for all the versions to be "on par".

I am surprised with the lack of marketing for this game, however. Ubisoft usually advertises the living hell out of each of their major titles, but this time they seem to leave poor The Crew behind and only talk about Farcry 4 and/or Assassin's Creed.

5. deathbyprayer

But that's kind of been out already for a long time now? The real time race is kind of cool but I just can't put my finger with this game. Although the game isn't really getting all the hype, I can't help but notice this game. I want to give it a go but I don't want to be disappointed the same way as when I purchased the Most Wanted remake back in 2012.

6. mauricioq

mauricioq Well-Known Member
    Regular

For me it's the multiplayer, without it this would be a very bland and generic racing game. Without forgetting the open world which is huge and also super appealing.

7. GenevB

GenevB Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes, this game has very few strong points. One of them as someone said above is that it's an open world game in which you can freely drive through the map in real time and get engaged in real races. The game lacks at graphics. I'm pretty sure that at some point everyone shall get bored of doing the same thing over and over again and if they don't step up, I don't see how in about a year anyone would still play it.

8. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes, open world is an old concept, but The Crew is offering more options and detail in. In the old NFS games, although they were open world the only thing you could do was drive around, which made it fairly pointless. I always used the quick-drive feature to get to the next race.

9. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Well-Known Member

The biggest key for now is the one they always mention about it the open world aspect with a map of that scale and size. Its the biggest difference that sets it apart from the rest.

10. ariana_

ariana_ Active Member

Probably the online multiplayer aspect

11. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

A huge open-world is always a plus for a game. You can ever count that out. That alone will help this game sell at least a million copy.

12. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Well-Known Member

Just saw some gameplay and im even more hype for the game. The sad part is that with all the recent miss haps with ubisoft games my confidence in this game even working has fallen. I just hope that the servers work on launch and that evryone can connect and play without much problems.

13. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

The Crew sets itself apart with its open world, the sheer size of that world at least. However, I'm not excited (and neither are a lot of people) for the Crew nearly as much as the developers are probably hoping.

14. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

The open world concept. I like how the places on game are really similar to the real world. And I like that.

15. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Well-Known Member

From the reviews I'm seeing not much. Game spot game it 2 stars, but the game looks pretty good. I may still give it a try when the price goes down.

16. deathbyprayer

Yeah I saw it too and what little faith I have for the game vanished. I don't want to judge the game based on reviews but I've experienced way too much disappointment when it comes to giving games a chance.

17. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

The open world concept. It makes the game more fun to play with friends.

18. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I hired this game and liked how it went and the story was real good and there was betrayal and trust issues and felt like a fast and furious movie where there is revenge and good guys and bad guys in it who are in it for themselves. I like how the open environment makes the game more better and also, y0u can see the game world as a real city and cars all look real in the game. The game is engaging and can be quite addictive and can spend quite a lot of time on it and will enjoy playing it as it is different from other racing games.

19. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Well-Known Member

The biggest selling point for me was the size of the map. I love games that have massive open worlds to explore. Even if I am limited to just the roads it is great being able to drive from Miami to Seattle to Maine to LA, a route that I actually did take during one of the beta weekends on PS4.

20. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member
    Regular

The thing that stands for me is the open world and its landmarks. It feels like a somewhat authentic version of a mini-USA, with all the major cities and landmarks included. Driving through this landscape was awesome, and being able to go almost anywhere was pretty enjoyable. Shame that the driving and the rest of the gameplay did not meet expectations.