What do you feel is the best MMORPG right now?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by blastguardgear, May 13, 2015.

1. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

At the moment GW2 is what I can consider a really good MMORPG but there are plenty that I like. I'm waiting also the release of the final version of Black Desert Online which is supposed to be a blast :) I'm excited about it!

2. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic Well-Known Member

Don't really know what makes a certain MMORPG better than another but I have been enjoying Neverwinter.

3. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

What is your favourite?

4. grinder

As for now I'd stick with GW2 but when BDO will be released I guess I might change my preferences :)

5. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can't say if there is a best mmorpg but I like guild wars 2. It's pretty fun to play but there are many mmo that I haven't played yet so I can't say anything.

6. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Awesome :) is BDO going to be pay to win? subscription or what?

7. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Well-Known Member

For subscription-based game, FFXIV gives you the most content. For anything else, it depends: gw2/eso for exploration lovers, Secret World for lore and character-building enthusiasts.

8. grinder

I hope it will be subscription based as if it's based on monthly fees and I think I won't play it that much as at the moment I can't really afford to pay like 20 bucks a month for a game like WoW. I hope it won't be either P2W if it's free to play..

9. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Most likely, if it's free to play it is going to be Pay to Win, that would be their way of making money.

10. grinder

Most likely yes, it will be a pay to win but hopefully I think that what you pay will be only esthetic designs and items so that they don't influence the combat system.

11. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is a very biased subject and my answer, of course, is biased too, but I think that World of Warcraft still is the king of kings. It does a lot of things right, and I don't really imagine it going away any time soon.

12. grinder

Same here.. when BDO will be released (if it will be released as it's not sure as for now) then I would have to reorganise all of my stuff about MMORPG preferences I guess :p

13. srofltank

srofltank Well-Known Member
    Regular

Guild Wars 2 is definitely a top contender for "the best MMO" right now but an old-school game like World of Warcraft is still a top contender as well. I think Guild Wars 2 could be the best MMO right now when their new expansion comes out, I just hope it fulfills a lot of the features that were suggested long before.

14. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

Nice one! Just tried it and I must say it's not as subpar as other games that I've recently tried. Thanks for sharing! :)

15. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

I would say DMO, but I'm biased towards Digimon as I'm a big fan of it. I would suggest something like World of Warcraft if you're wanting to pay money and Dungeon Fighter Online if you're wanting to play something that's both fun and free. There's also Dragon's Nest, but it's kind of boring to me. I do, however, suggest Mabinogi if it's still around.

16. SunnyArc

SunnyArc Member

I feel handsdown that FFXIV is the best MMO available right now for several reasons: First of all the gameplay is amazing and even though it follows a standard MMO fighting system there is something that felt fresh about it. I also like the fact that you can have one character that can literally play all the classes, it is as simple as changing your weapon.

I also feel like it is the best MMO available as i have played pretty much all MMOs available and spent decent amounts fotime on each such as WoW, RuneScape, FFXI, FFXIV and some smaller MMOs and many free ones

17. valyra

valyra New Member

Give FFXIV: A Realm Reborn a shot especially if you don't have too much time to play. The endgame's very forgiving in the sense that if you fall behind, you won't be punished by being forced to spend insane hours just to get caught up. Plus, the new x-pack's out!

18. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think FFXIV is really really pretty and also very fun to play. You have tons of things to do, can be every class and profession in the game, and you can basically spend a whole year just doing that, leveling up your classes and profs. Also, a new expansion just launched which added even more stuff to the game. All in all, I think you definitely get your bang for the buck with this game.

19. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Well-Known Member

I'm surprised no one mentioned wildstar. I mean yeah the game was plagued with bugs at launch and had a shaky start but the core gameplay is absolutely fantastic. The dungeons are the most fun out of any mmo i've played by far.

20. obliviousme

obliviousme Well-Known Member
    Regular

Runescape all the way. For me this is the best MMORPG of all time. I think this game has been part of the childhood for most people. I remember hanging out with my friends in the game after school and most of the people at school that time also plays the same game, it was really cool. :)