Quantcast

What difficulty do you play on?

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by RMCMage, Sep 1, 2013.

1. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

I played on Expert. I don't like things way too hard, but I do like a bit of a challenge as well. At some point when I play it again, I may go to a higher difficulty just to see how far I can go before I blow up my computer out of frustration.

2. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Well-Known Member

I always keep it on medium. I don't like it super high as combat isn't really entirely what the game is about for me. I don't like it on low either as the part of me that does enjoy the combat part of Skyrim ceases to exist.

I think the default difficulty is pretty on par if you ask me.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer Well-Known Member

I pretty much stuck with the Adept difficulty. Even though the game isn't that hard if you know exactly what to do and if you have some tricks and strategies it can still give you a lot of headache so I tend to keep the balance between fun and frustration.

4. Ram Levy

Ram Levy Well-Known Member Regular

I tend to play the game on adept. Not too hard and not too easy. Perfect balance.

5. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I started playing Skyrim with Adept. I like to experience the story not to have trouble with fighting enemies.

6. Lucas

Lucas Active Member Regular

I played on Adept at first. I wanted to check if this difficulty will fit my playstyle. After about 200 hours played, I changed it to Legendary, as the game was too easy for me. To be honest, every end-game character is Legendary-viable, but it also depends on your skills.

7. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

The first time I play any game, I go with the highest difficulty, and that was no different for Skryim. A decent challenge.

8. Skycube

Skycube Member

3 years later, and I am still playing on the adept level. I guess I don't like games to be crazy hard, but instead enjoy the gameplay. I find adept to be a happy medium. I did try expert for awhile, but got frustrated when I kept dying. And that is why I only play offline games! I suck...

9. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Well-Known Member

Legendary seems like BS when you first start off for the first few levels. But then later on in the game once you get better gear and attributes it gets to become a nice challenge and adds a competently different pacing to the game. You have to be a lot more cautious and stealthy as well as you timing has to be on point.

10. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Well-Known Member

I play on whatever the default difficulty is. sometimes I might ramp it up if I find the game getting too easy, but since I play with so many different characters if I find one character way too OP I will just start a new one.

11. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

I usually turn it all the way up, at lvl. 100 all the challenge goes away, so Legendary really makes for some interesting situations.

12. Skuttie

Skuttie Well-Known Member Regular

Normal, tho I am thinking of bumping it up things have gotten a tad bit too easy.

13. Owl

Owl Member

I used to play only on easy because I'm weak but now I play on adept. I play games for the story, not so much for the combat, so right now there isn't anything interesting to me about playing on a harder difficulty but I will at some point.

14. Sam

Sam Member

I play on expert with a mod that enhances combat. Makes the game much more fun in my opinion.

15. a1b3c6

a1b3c6 Member

Master is what I play on most of the time. Adept gets easy way too fast, but Legendary is ridiculous and tedious. Seriously, it can take around 50+ hits to a kill a freaking bandit. That's not hard, that's just boring.

I really wish the enemy AI scaled with the difficulty setting. That way it's more about skill than mashing buttons.

16. Athilea

Athilea Well-Known Member

I'm probably one of the few people that has no problem admitting that I tend to play games like Skyrim on Apprentice. Why? Because I'm in it more for the story and exploration then for the overall difficulty. Sometimes I'll play on a higher difficulty, but it's rare. I have other games for that if I want something more difficult. Rogue Legacy comes to mind. I've never been super good with those types of games.

17. tubestud

tubestud Well-Known Member Regular

For my first playthrough, I went with Apprentice. I wanted to make a character focused on magic and at that point magic was pretty underpowered. As mods came out and fixed it, I even tried it on Legendary. I still have a long way to go until I finish it, but I definitely like the challenge.

18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

When I started out I used to play on Normal but I now only play on Legendary. It is quite hard at times but I'm managing to pull through and I'm having a lot of fun.

19. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Well-Known Member

When I tried the game, I kept it on normal. I don't like enemies becoming HP sponges on higher difficulties.

20. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic Well-Known Member

I played it on Adept so I could appreciate the story more.