Quantcast

What difficulty do you play on?

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by RMCMage, Sep 1, 2013.

1. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I play on legendary its tough as nails I made a new mage and it was crazy at the beginning I heavenly relied on my followers the jump from master to legendary is huge, but I refuse to turn the difficulty down I love a challenge.

2. -Kian-

-Kian- Active Member

Adept, I play it for the experience, it's a great game but I don't like making it too serious.

3. kelemenur

kelemenur Active Member

Legendary. No challenge, no fun IMO. It is quite unforgiving, especially in the early levels though.

4. crisscolfer

crisscolfer Member

Truthfully, I've only played on adept, as I wanted to experience it for the story and not tough gameplay. As I leveled up and got the hang of it, I played around with the difficulty settings but ultimately kept it on adept. Maybe in a future playthrough I'll change the setting to something more difficult!

5. GetFresh

GetFresh Member

I find adept the perfect setting for me. I know I can finish the game on Novice without a swear, but I know for sure I can't finish it on Legendary. Whenever I play a game I don't want to have a difficult time playing and try numerous times, this would just make me rage 24/7.

6. bodgity

bodgity Member

I play on Adapt. I don't like playing games on Novice settings as I don't like everything easy but I can't do legendary as every time I die, I start getting angry.

7. Eva

Eva Active Member

I started out playing on Apprentice, just to get used to things. I usually play on Adept now, but I dabble in Expert as well. I don't enjoy my games requiring too much of my attention, since I usually just play RPGs as a way to waste some extra time.

8. RMCMage

I just started playing Skyrim again and with that long break legendary is extremely difficult, but I will never lower the difficulty I thrive on challenges!:cool:

9. TehMannie

TehMannie Active Member

I play on Adept. I don't find the combat very engaging in this game (or any Elder Scrolls games, really) and therefore the difficulty on higher levels just feels tedious to me. If I want a challenging game I'll load up Dark Souls. :D

10. xlzqwerty1

xlzqwerty1 Well-Known Member

I find Adept to be a very well rounded difficulty. You don't die in one hit and your enemies have a substantial amount of HP where the chances of survival can differ greatly in terms of your weapon damage and gear. Legendary and Master difficulty is just too hard and unecessary. I pity those who waste their time trying to finish the game on Master or Legendary.

11. Farseer

Farseer Member

Started out in Adept, but changed to Expert later. Along the game, especially with the DLCs, you can get amazing weapons, shouts and spells that just make you too powerful for the game to be challenging in the difficulty you chose. I'm not as strong in Adept, but I'm getting there, and I think I'll move to Master eventually, and hopefully Legendary one day...

12. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member Regular

Expert. I like it hard but not to the point where I actually get killed all the time.

13. Stiflex

Stiflex Active Member

I believe that the difficulty adds quite a lot to the game, I've been playing on adept this whole time and I started to get bored of the game. I was obviously over-powered and I've mastered the game (or so I thought) Once I switched up to the highest difficulty possible, I've noticed that it's a lot more fun - and I'm really in to the game again!

This just proves that a challenge - is what keeps the game interesting. Once you've experienced it all in skyrim, in which I did. I have logged over 500 hours or so... (I played on two steam accounts). It just became a bit... stale.. :/

14. lord1027

lord1027 Well-Known Member

Mostly Master. I started with Adept to get the hang of the game. Later on, I swithced to Master, mostly for entertainment, Adept was getting too easy. Never tried Legendary though, maybe I'll start a new game on Legendary just to see how it is.

15. RMCMage

Legendary is way harder then master I recently started playing Skyrim again and I was getting my butt kicked it's going to take some time t get back in the swing of things, but if you love a challenge you will love it!

16. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Well-Known Member

The difficulty level I prefer most to play on is adept. I feel that anything lower than adept is too easy and anything over adept is way to unrealistic. Legendary mode is just ridiculous. You have to hit your opponent with a thousand arrows just to hurt him or her a little bit.

17. Delusional

Delusional Well-Known Member

I always play on normal. I just started a new game and I also just selected normal. I like it that way. I think it's how the game is meant to be played.

18. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

I play on Legendary, go big or go home right, this way when I've ended it, it stays ended. lol

19. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I also play mostly on normal difficulty, if you set it too high, the game just becomes ridiculous. I don`t really like a bandit one hit defeating me when at lower levels, and I also don`t really like Dragons to be near unbeatable.

20. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

I play on Legendary, its pretty easy actually, made some god-level armour been PWN'n baddies left right front and center