Quantcast

What Difficulty did you play DA on?

Discussion in 'Dragon Age' started by RMCMage, Mar 4, 2014.

1. GenevB

GenevB Well-Known Member Regular

To be honest, on my first try I went with easy, in order to get used with the game, but after a while of playing it, I'm proud to say that I go with nightmare difficulty all the way!

2. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member Regular

What are the difficulty differences between Hard and Nightmare?
    I know the biggest difference between Normal and Hard is that AoE spells affect everyone not just enemies...

3. jackdenileth

jackdenileth Member

Normal is good enough. I don't like to spend hours on encounters I could have won with only a small amount of challenge. My backlog is way too big to waste my time with such pointless challenges. I do try to refrain from reducing the difficulty, however. That's only a measure of last resort in case I get stuck.

4. queenbee

queenbee Well-Known Member

I always just play casual/normal. For me, storyline has always taken precedence over gameplay, especially when the fight scenes are just button mashing. Working your way through dungeons can only entertain you for so long before you just want to skip the bloody fade... but luckily, there's mods for that.

5. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Well-Known Member

It's funny, I've been playing Dragon Age: Origins for years on the casual setting...I just recently stepped it up to normal.

6. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I play normal difficulty. I always play normal, not only this game but most of the games I've played.

7. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

I usually went with the default difficulty at first. After my first finish of the game I played through on a harder difficulty next. If I really liked the game I'd just keep increasing the difficulty. However, a few games tend to increase frustration and tediousness and sacrifice enjoyment... This game wasn't one I'm happy to announce.

8. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I replayed the game on hard and I must say, it was a better experience then playing on normal. I think certain games are more fun if you play them on harder difficulty.

9. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove Regular

With DA:I, I played on casual because I'm lame.