Quantcast

What device did you first play Pokemon on?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by flamingor, Jun 30, 2014.

1. camsdad

camsdad Active Member

I first played Pokemon Red on a gameboy color. Amazing how far the game has come since then. I remember only wanting to catch a Pikachu because he was the main/most popular character. That love faded pretty quickly.

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer Well-Known Member

I first played mine on a friends Gameboy Advanced. I was really stoked when I played and I really begged my parents to buy me a Gameboy but unfortunately they didn't. But after I got my Symbian phone I ran an emulator app there and it did quite well.

3. UObeki1

UObeki1 Member

The first pokemon game I played was Pokemon Yellow on my GBA Color. The memories and fun I had playing it was immeasurable. :D

4. Arma45

Arma45 Active Member

Gameboy. The original one. Many great days where had thanks to Pokemon when I was younger. I was kept entertained and till this day I remember how much I loved playing that game.

It was the only thing I wanted to cared to do for the whole day. Then we got Game Boy Colors and everything was even more amazing for me then. Good times.

5. primaLucid

primaLucid Well-Known Member Regular

I first played Pokemon Red on the good ol' Gameboy Color. Back then, I had no idea what was going on since my game was in Japanese, but it gave me the first taste of what Pokemon was like. It was definitely a great experience for me and set the learning curve for future Pokemon games!

6. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

Gameboy Color. The first Pokemon I played was Red. Good ol' times. And that was 10 years ago.

7. Divbyxero

Divbyxero Member

Pretty much everyone in here started with the gameboy but for me I actually started with the GameCube. My uncle got us a GameCube for Christmas and I played Pokémon Coliseum for years! Thinking about playing it again right now actually!

8. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

I started with Red, Blue, and Yellow. Then I went to Silver, Gold, and Crystal. Then onto Ruby and Sapphire. You get the point.

9. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

I still remember playing Pokemon Blue for the first time. I was so excited, it was on a yellow Gameboy Color. I played that game for months and months, always on the same handheld. My dad still owns it from when I gave him the handheld to play while overseas, and it's still got the same strange stains that it had on it from when I played it.

10. samanthasays

samanthasays Member

I believe I also played my first Pokémon game on a Gameboy SP but I can't quite remember it's been way too long! It might actually have been soul silver on my ds lite. Either way I loved playing on both systems those were the days! I still play sometimes when I have the chance it's fun reliving your childhood.

11. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

Mine was the Gameboy for sure. It was pretty awesome back then! If I remember correctly, Pokemon Ruby was the first one that I ever played. Then I got myself Emerald and went on from there. I think I stopped after around Pokemon Diamond because they just kept releasing too many for me to keep up.

12. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

I first played Pokemon Diamond on a Nintendo DS emulator for PC. I really liked it, and then I went on to emulate the other consoles. After that, I decided to support Nintendo and bought a Nintendo DSi. I really loved it, but I had to sell it about a week after Pokemon White came out.

13. OoTWISTERoO

OoTWISTERoO Active Member

I've actually used an emulator on my PSP. It was the first device I played Pokemon on. :p

14. Krisibelle

Krisibelle Member

I had pokemon blue which I played on an old brick gameboy, which was basically a green screen with black lines. When I finally got a gameboy color I think I nearly died from how amazing I thought it was. Especially since I won it in a contest and it came with pokemon yellow :D

15. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

I've played Pokemon Red on my Gameboy Colour.. It was back in 2002 I believe and I fell in love.

16. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Well-Known Member Regular

I never had a game boy advance, that would be my brother. But back when he still had it he would be nice enough to let me play on it. As long as it wasn't one of his Pokémon games!

17. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

I played it first on my DS lite. I was a late bloomer in gaming but even then I already saw my friends play on Gameboys and I was extremely curious and jealous after that I wanted one of my own in high school. My dad surprised me though and bought me a DS. It wasn't a gameboy like I wanted but it was much better.

18. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

I first played Pokemon Silver on my Gameboy Color. After I played through it, I picked up Red from a local pawn shop and played through that, as well.

19. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

My first time playing Pokemon was on a Gameboy Color, playing Pokemon Yellow. I really miss that game and playing on the Gameboy Color. /:

20. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member Regular

Game Boy Color! I had a Yellow one, to match my Pokemon Yellow game. :)