Quantcast

What device did you first play Pokemon on?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by flamingor, Jun 30, 2014.

1. flamingor

flamingor Well-Known Member

I first played Pokemon Greenleaf on my Gameboy Advance SP :)

2. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1 Active Member

For me it was Gameboy Advance. I couldn't remember the SP version for a moment, then realised it was the folding one, they looked pretty cool but never had one myself.

flamingor likes this.
  3. KNH

KNH Well-Known Member

Mine was Pokemon red version on the first, original Gameboy. The graphics were black and white and the Gameboy itself was really big and a really ugly yellow color, lol. Then I got a gameboy color, then a gameboy advance, and then a flip DS and I thought they were all awesome...now they have some seriously intense stuff that I probably couldn't even imagine back then.

4. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

My first pokemon was on game boy color, soul silver. I freaking love that game farr too much.

5. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

I played on the gameboy advance, first one I ever played was Silver I think, or was it Ruby, whatever it was it was definitely on the first GBA, without the back light...

6. KKrage

KKrage Well-Known Member

I think it was on a Gameboy.
    I don't remember so I'm not sure though. It was quite a while ago.
    I think I played pokemon green or something. I found it quite okay, I didn't know what I was playing until I remembered a few months ago.

7. kamigreed

kamigreed New Member

I first played Pokemon Yellow at the age of ten on a gameboy colour and later playe red,green and blue as well. Following that, I was determined to complete all the Pokemon series and I even had to go and buy a gameboy SP as well as a Nitendo DS to play Pokemon Platinum.

8. megadelayed

megadelayed Active Member

I first played Pokemon Emerald on a Gameboy Advanced. I remember having to squint so hard to look at the screen when it is dim due to the lack of backlight, but I still really enjoyed playing still.

9. tessntamber

tessntamber New Member

My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Blue on the Gameboy Color. It's so insanely nostalgic playing that game. Those horrible renditions of the Pokemon, sound effects, and music!! Irreplaceable memories for me. : ) The only thing I'm really sad about is the fact that you can't trade up Pokemon from Gen I and II games, only from Gen III and up. I'd really love to be able to play Red, Blue, and Yellow through again, beat the game, then transfer my Pokemon all the way up through X & Y so I can adore them in Pokemon Amie and feed them treats. </3

10. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Mine was Pokemon Red on the Gameboy surprising that I still have both the Gameboy works fine, but the game no longer saves. :(

11. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member Regular

As far as I remember I played Pokemon with my Gameboy. Those definitely were the good times!

I remember having my first Gameboy still somewhere and tested it a couple of months ago and still worked!

12. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

My first Pokémon was Pokémon Yellow on a Gameboy Color. Good times! Yellow was kinda odd compared to R/B since it was closer to the anime. I really liked the anime as a kid though, so I didn't mind but man looking back on it, the anime sucks and Y/R/B had a lot of weird bugs and glitches. Gold and Silver were the real deal!

13. beccagreen

beccagreen Well-Known Member Regular

I first played Pokemon on my phone actually. I never really owned a Gameboy so my best bet would be to find emulators for my phone. I still remember having my Nokia 6630 and playing Emerald on that phone.

14. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Woah, there were decent GB emulators for that phone? Haha, it was probably better to have Pokémon on a phone anyway, actually. You probably carry around the phone everywhere anyway, so it's as portable as on the Gameboy, but more convenient...

15. insertkittyface

insertkittyface Well-Known Member

First one I ever played was on my Gameboy Advance and it was SoulSilver! I absolutely loved that game. I still have it around here somewhere..

16. Pirate_Jesus

Pirate_Jesus Active Member

I had a Game Boy Color that I played Pokemon Gold on. I've since lost both of them, sadly.

17. beccagreen

beccagreen Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah, I was actually surprised actually when he showed me he's playing Emerald on that phone. But it's not really as good as it sounds, I mean sure the games are playable but the frame rate for some of the games, like Emerald are quite sluggish. But the other Pokemon games runs decent.

18. Servace

Servace Well-Known Member Regular

My first pokemon game was Blue Version. I miss my gray gameboy brick.

19. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

My first time would be on a Gameboy Advance. Mind you, I wasn't quite sure how to play it since the game didn't come with a manual. So it took quite a long time to get into it and by the time I did, another game had came into my life.

20. skullalif

skullalif Member

Gameboy color, with modded Pokemon Gold, in the game most of the pokemon name was changed, such as Typhlosion to Bagep. It was full of glitches at the time, and i had no clue how the hell did they mod the game at that time.