What class/job are you playing? (FFXIV)

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIV & FFXI' started by heyhowareyou, Dec 15, 2013.

1. heyhowareyou

heyhowareyou Well-Known Member

For those who are playing this game, what class/job are you rolling currently? Right now I'm leveling a monk, and I'm thinking of going towards the scholar next.

2. MonkeyKarl

MonkeyKarl Member

I had unlocked the White Mage, but healing is getting to be more and more stressful, so I decided to try to unlock Summoner. The good news is that in the process of doing that, I'll also unlock Scholar as well. Two advanced jobs with one stone, so to speak.

3. BlackCaXIII

BlackCaXIII Member

WHM/SCH all the way, always healing.
    I might level a MNK since they look fun, but for the most part my focus have been on the two healers.

4. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

I haven't played the game yet, but once I do start playing this gae I am leaning towards choosing either Monk or Bard. I often choose DPS classes and if possible, can do some support as well so that I can help my friends and guild when needed in a party, and I read that these classes suits my game style.

5. jptrey06

jptrey06 Member

I was an archer until I upgraded to a bard for the obvious reason of being the best class in the game then all of a sudden the patch is going to nerf the bard class which kinda sucks. This game is my first MMO so my friend was like go for a DPS it's the easiest for beginners so I was like ok then.

6. Lucky120

Lucky120 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am so late on this but I am a summoner and a Dark Knight. I love both and I can say that they are very different haha. I am also about to do some healing with Astrologist. I am trying to actually have all classes to at least 50 and then 60 after. I am getting my summoner up first and then going to DK.

7. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have a Bard and White Mage at level 60. I prefer White Mage for the most part because I get quick to instant queue times, and I dislike some of the changes that were made to Bard with the expansion. I also have miner at 60, and all my crafts in the mid 50s. I'm thinking of getting my scholar to 60 since that'd get me summoner as well, and then maybe level up Machinist.

8. ConureKeeper1990

ConureKeeper1990 Active Member

I'm on a break from FFXIV right now, but I've played Dragoon mostly. I look forward to playing Dark Knight, as that was my favorite FFXI class. I know it's a tank in XIV but I still love using Great Swords.

9. CactuarShimmy

CactuarShimmy Member

Originally I was playing Thaumaturge, but after leveling up Archer for my Black Mage requirements, I realized that I was actually having more fun with that class. So I have Archer up to thirty, and I'm leveling up Dragoon for some cross class skills.

10. AthenaEntendu

AthenaEntendu Member

I currently play Bard, and I played that through all of the turns of Coil. It was the first thing that I leveled to 60 once the level cap was raised. Now I am debating what to get to 60 next. I have MNK, WAR, and BLM leveled to 50. I don't have much experience with many of them besides a little dabbling here and there. I absolutely love Bard but would like to mix it up a little, I really want to try Dark Knight (shocker, almost everyone wants to at least try DRK). I am also really considering leveling a healing class, as that would be a nice thing to add to my job repertoire :) My husband played Scholar prior to Dark Knight coming out, and he really liked it. Now he's completely in love with DRK. haha

11. xyrene

xyrene Well-Known Member
    Regular

I always chose the Scholar type, I find it cool.

12. Hova

Hova Well-Known Member
    Regular

Summoner most definitely. Poisons have always fascinated me.

13. Ruse

Ruse Well-Known Member
    Regular

Monk, because he was badass!

14. jannick

jannick Member
    Regular

White Mage

15. noplewyb

noplewyb Active Member
    Regular

I play Red Mage because it is probably the easiest (DPS) class in the game. Samurai isn't really hard either, but I can agree that the skill names turned me off from it a bit.

You just have to associate hotkeys with purpose in your head and go from there. Fuck if I know what Jinpu or Shinpu or Higanbana or all that shit means. I only know that I press Q>1 or 2 to get blue and white buffs and shift Q to do my iajutsu.