What attracted you to EVE Online?

Discussion in 'EVE Online' started by tinybutnotfangless, Mar 19, 2014.

1. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

EVE Online is a cluster of servers, all playing together to create an immersive persistent community with many gradients of social, economical and political economies. It is one of the few games on the planet that allows all of these things at the same time. It's also one of the most visually breathtaking games ever released. The game has a lot to offer, even beyond the scope of a space simulation game.

So what attracted you to EVE Online initially and what made you keep playing or stop playing?

2. Arya

Arya Well-Known Member

The main thing that attracted me to the game was my friends playing it, so I decided to join in with them and play too.

3. KNH

KNH Well-Known Member

I don't really know. Some of my buddies were really into it and kind of just dragged me in. I love the visuals and the social aspects of it the most.

4. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

Its fast paced and fun, need I say more? I don't think so

5. kestas57

kestas57 Member

For me it was the epic scale and the fact that no other game like it really exists.

6. Nolan Watt

Nolan Watt Well-Known Member

Probably the aspect of space. I love space and was super excited to get sucked into a game like EVE.

7. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

Eve online is the most popular game in this genre. I also think it is the best, even though it has a steep learning curve.

8. Sinfield

Sinfield Active Member

The simple fact that I could be a pirate! MMO's with player driven factions are my favourite, the simple thought of running a pirate band made me curious about this game. Then I found out about the game mechanics... a lot of them, took my sweet time to learn what should I do. Thank god for the tutorial.

9. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

I think the learning curve is what got me into it. When I played it at first I hated it. But after about a month everything just clicked.

And the best part is since the learning curve is so high, you don't get many trolls on it.

10. prabab

prabab Well-Known Member
    Regular

How expansive and deep it is. It's also exactly the same reason I stopped playing to be honest, it just took too much of my time to fulfill all the tasks I wanted to.

11. Tanis

Tanis Active Member
    Regular

The initial thing that attracted me was just spaceships. I'm a sci-fi fan and I have a love for spaceships, so seeing banner adverts with beautiful interstellar environments and spacecraft got me interested. When I started watching trailers and seeing the extent and scale of the universe, I jumped in and didn't look back. Had nothing but a great time.

12. galactica

galactica Member
    Regular

After reading a bit more about it, I really want to try EVE online. The massive scale and beautiful setting sound extremely enticing. I'm all about huge, epic, futuristic stuff.

13. coolyfrost

coolyfrost Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've never played EVE myself but as a hardcore astrophysics nut there have been several times that I wanted to try it out. All the stories that people generate by themselves seem amazing! I also played a game called OGame which is very similar to EVE but is instead browser based and had a lot of fun with that. The high price of EVE though (which is completely justified by the way, don't get me wrong) is what keeps me away from it, unfortunately :/ .

14. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member
    Regular

My friends play this game all the time so I got curious because curiousity kills and when I played this game, I got instantly got amazed on how cool the game is.

15. bjak

bjak Member
    Regular

Economy. For sure I can say that EVE is second work for me.