Quantcast

What aspects make up an amazing MMORPG?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by sunkinship, Nov 9, 2013.

1. sunkinship

sunkinship Member

Everyone plays games for different reasons, whether for action or for the story. What makes an MMORPG amazing in your eyes?

2. Mameshiba

Mameshiba Member

I think a lot of different aspects have to come together in order for an MMORPG to be considered 'great'. Most time a game will have one or two saving graces that can make players ignore other faults. Like if a game has terrible graphics but an amazing story line, or a terrible story but a solid levelling system.

I think there are a few things that can't be overlooked if they;re bad though, well, for most people. I mean I can't a game being successful if it just had truly terrible controls or weird camera angles. Stuff like that would frustrate me, at least.

3. Tykain

Tykain Member

For an MMORPG to be considered amazing in my eyes, every aspect of the game must be great. The gameplay (obviously), story / lore, good visuals and sounds, and even the game's community is an important aspect.
    It's not just one thing that makes an MMORPG amazing, or any game for that mater, it's for the developers to get every aspects of the game just right.

4. Vegany

Vegany Member

Definitely open world. I hate linear MMOs and there are a few.

Customizing abilities for characters where you can add equpiment, hair styles, jewlery, etc. Adding pets that help you is also fun!

I also shouldn't have to not have sidequests available. There should always be an abundance of sidequests to help you gain exp.

I like there to be a lot of different job opportunities, maybe where even people use skills of one job with their build to make another job entirely.

5. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I would say good events or something that can keep players from getting bored of the game not just grinding for levels make it fun!