What are your favorite weapons in the Doom franchise

Discussion in 'Doom 2016 Discussion' started by razer, Nov 11, 2015.

1. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

My favorites are minigun, rocket launcher and the chainsaw. There is nothing more fun than chainsawing through hordes of zombies or blowing them into bloody chunks with the rocket launcher.

2. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

My favorite weapon would have to be the chain gun. Who doesn't like a good chain gun? Between the bullets flying and my adrenaline pumping, you could have given me any weapon in the game at the end of the day.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Rocket Launcher and Chain Gun. Both are really fun to use, they get my adrenaline pumping when I'm firing bullets with them.

4. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Firing bullets with the rocket launcher ? :D

5. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'd say chaingun, but probably only by a slim margin ahead of others. The whole franchise has such cool weapons, and I realize how cliche it sounds, but it's really hard to choose.

6. KingEeyore

KingEeyore Member

Chaingun seems like the most popular. I actually loved the shotgun. And of course the double barrel shotgun. It's definitely not the fastest gun in the game, but I certainly loved playing with it. The rocket launcher comes in a very very close second place though. Chainsaw is a blast on lower difficulties as well or if you're invincible.

7. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

How could I forget about the Double barrel shotgun ? It's one of my favorites too. Unfortunately it didn't exist in Doom3, and the normal shotgun had a range of 5 m :rolleyes: pretty crappy late game.

8. whiskey2whiskey

whiskey2whiskey Active Member

Yeah, double shotgun baby! I loved blasting demons with that thing and I'm sad that there weren't more types of weapons implemented in the sequel which they could have easily done. Still my most memorable weapon to date. Honorable mention goes to the Quake rocket launcher, and I only now remember it because of it's cameo in TF2.

9. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

Can't really argue with the classic chainsaw. You have to come close and you can just brutalize your opponents with it, and it would really show the nastiness of the game as you turn all your enemies into shreds. It's a really fun game, and I would definitely recommend Doom 2 to any new gamer who would love to see some old school first person shooter. Lots of weapon choices, lots of ammunition, and even though the graphics seem a bit outdated, the gameplay of just killing everything that moves, still holds up.

10. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

The obvious choice is the BFG, especially in the classic games.. There's nothing more satisfying than clearing out a room full of enemies with it. The double-barreled shotgun is another great choice, as it is a weapon that is both super satisfying and effective to use. Weapons like the Chaingun or the Chainsaw are all good choices as well, but the Doom series has so many good weapons that it's hard to pick just one.

11. Dean Angel

Dean Angel Member

Well my favourite is the shotgun/rocket launcher combo. It's even more fun to stomp the head of a deamon afterwards. And the heavyweights are always a hit so the BFG is even more fun to use. All the weapons have their perks probably depends on the situation.

12. JonathanS

JonathanS Member

The Pheonix Rod (rocket launcher) and Dragon Claw (chaingun). The good old fashioned chainsaw is also an excellent choice. Depending on what the mission is, I switch between those.

I will say that Doom 2 had a lot of my preferred weapons that weren't in Doom 3. So I'm kind of hoping Doom 4 makes up for that.

13. Xilkozuf

Xilkozuf Member

My first choice was the BFG... but I actually love the shotgun. I like it in almost every game, not just Doom: I like to come close to the enemy and end him with a close, single, powerful shot! BOOM!

14. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

Chain gun and double barrel shotgun for me, please. :cool:

Without any doubt... Those two are my favorite weapons in the Doom franchise. I remember that I've already done huge damages with them and I already annoyed a lot of people out there. :D