Quantcast

What are you most excited about?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by FuZyOn, Sep 15, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I never played a third person shooter RPG before (well, at least not with this concept). I'm pretty excited to finally be able to play, although it's going to be a while before it launches.

2. beccagreen

beccagreen Well-Known Member Regular

Not much happening in my part in terms of excitement. I mean the game looks promising but I'm pretty reserved when it comes to new IP's but I'm really excited to play the game because it feels kind of different from usual lot.

3. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Honestly, the plot. It's not the most original concept in the world from what I've read, but I absolutely love when society starts to go to pot in the midst of a major catastrophe, and the semi-post-apocalyptic-but-not-that-much feel of the game play trailers hint at a cool story. Whether they'll do a whole lot past that initial atmosphere... well, here's hoping.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  4. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I'm hoping that it has enough variety and challenge to last a while, and that's it. I'd like to play it with my friends when it launches but the game has to be entertaining.

5. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I feel the same way; I'm excited about the plot because it's dropping us right as the !@#$ hits the fan, not several months or years later. The fact that we get to see the progression of the virus and such is cool to me and sets it apart from the generic post-apocalyptic game.

6. FuZyOn

That is what got me attracted to the game and I think it's amazing. I remember a certain game where you fell right down from a plane and went straight to fight zombies, it was intense (it's a common game name, just can't remember it right now).

7. Cyborg Superman

Well, I know Left 4 Dead pretty much stuck you right in the middle of the action. Not sure if that's the game you're referencing, but it was certainly fun to be able to jump into the action right away. I imagine there will be a tutorial mission with this one, maybe the one we saw in the first video was the tutorial.

8. FuZyOn

I think it was Last of Us, not completely sure. Left 4 Dead was amazing, the atmosphere really made the game a joy to play. I felt like I was in the middle of a war whenever I played. :D

9. harlek

harlek Active Member Regular

I'm more excited to see on how the game would work in terms of the RPG and MMO elements are concerned. I'm sure the game would rely on the tried and true mechanics but I would love it if the game tries something new, which brings me to my next point of excitement, how fresh is this game going to be? I really wanted to see if this game will bring anything new to the table.

10. karamara

karamara Active Member Regular

Me too. I'm excited to see how Ubisoft would pull this one off since they haven't tried anything similar that is successful. I think this game would bring in a new generation of games where it plays heavily on gameplay and not on story since most games nowadays are very story oriented and I think most gamers want it too.

Ishmael likes this.
  11. Ishmael

Yeah, especially on multiplayer only games such as this one. The story should be told in a simple manner, if there's any. I know that the game's not cutscene heavy, there's only an introductory one, so it's already a good thing.

12. karamara

I agree. I really hate it when games just push the story in your face like it's the main thing to look out for and not the game itself. Although some games are great with stories and admittedly, some games I purchased solely on the fact that I want to know what story it's going to tell me but I noticed that those games with a strong story and not much gameplay are the ones that I tend to forget the minute I put my controller down.

13. Cyborg Superman

Ehhh I have to disagree with you there. I think it depends on the type of game, but for example Telltales The Walking Dead wasn't much in terms of game play but the story was absolutely amazing (and I ever dare say better than the TV show).

No story will fit with a game like the Division because the premise is solid, novel and fits perfectly for an MMO shooter. But trust me, there are some very memorable story-driven games out there. ;)

14. karamara

Yeah but it's marketed as a story telling game really and for the most part it appeals to only a specific group of audience, it's more like an interactive book to me rather than a game. I'm not saying story driven games aren't memorable, they are, I mean I loved the crap out of Bioshock Infinite BUT those games are the once that you only play once and after that initial playthrough the magic is gone. Yes it's a great game and yes it's jaw dropping but it's the kind of game that you won't really play again because there's really nothing more to explore, you know what I mean?

15. Ishmael

I think that the TV show is crap, so I agree with you there. xD
    But yeah, it depends from what the developers want to push as their main thing for their game. So by taking The Division as the example here, since the game is an MMO it doesn't need a very rich story because it may get in the way of the action, but it needs enough so that you have a motivation for everything you do.

16. Cyborg Superman

I get what you're saying, but I still disagree haha. Look at Mass Effect, look at Red Dead Redemption, heck even the GTA series, they all had really solid stories and they are all very much replayable. I get your point for sure, games just affect me a different way maybe. :)

Hahaha yup, we're definitely in agreement over TWD, I couldn't even bear to watch the latest season, but I'll probably get to it eventually.

You're right, you need a strong premise and it'll be enough to keep you going for sure.

17. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

I'm excited about it all. Especially the graphics. It reminds me of COD a little bit.

18. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

Not sure if good or bad

19. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member Regular

I'm still very excited about the game, but at the moment I'm just really hoping they don't screw it up. Some of the information we got made me knock my expectations down a little, and while it's still pretty high, I'm scared that in the next few months I'll have to knock it down even more. That'd be bad. But I'm trying to stay positive.

20. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

I've played third-person shooters (that's the way I play Fallout) before and really don't expect nothing revolutionary in that area. However, I am really looking forward to exploring a post-apocalyptic New York. That's just a concept that gets me tingling like I'm a shy nerd girl and the quarterback just invited me to the prom or something. I also like the attention to detail I've seen from the gameplay videos, that's just something I'm immensely looking forward to.