What are you looking forward to about the PvP in GW2?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: PvP Discussion' started by Unknown, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

So what is it that draws your guys towards the PVP? Whats unique about it compared to other MMO's you have all previously played.

2. Knives

Knives Well-Known Member

The part that gear wont play such a major role in PvP ? :D

3. Brains

Brains Well-Known Member

Amen! World Vs World draws me too. I don't like the fact that they "reset" though - correct me if i'm wrong but that is what i remember reading a while back, that they reset every few weeks or something along those lines.

4. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

I believe its 2 weeks of battle, then 1-2 weeks of the winning server reaping the rewards, then reset, then battle for middle earth again. But yes, I am very excited about WvW, it'll be the only thing that'll get me into PvP.

5. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

1. WvWvW brings back the ol' DAOC days that worked so well.
    2. No unfair advantage pvp. GW1 put us on equal footing and it was a winning combo that was the jewel on the crown of that game. Winning formula for most FPS games too. (get a clue wow/rift/etc)
    3. Responsiveness! If anyone played SWG, release AoC, Warhammer you will remember the kinda disconnect you feel when hitting attacks. Animations, damage, crowd control, are all a blur that always feels something like lag on a better game.
    4. FPS attributes. Careful here, this one is huge but can be easily misunderstood. I'm not expecting counterstrike here but i'm not expecting magic the gathering either. A mix of targeted attacks, cones, spacial abilities, rolls, and avoidance options.
    5. Polish. I'm counting on only a few bumps on the release here. Loads of testing going into this game so class balance is key. I'm also expecting the mechanics to be smooth. Some games have gone through iterations where you need a snooze button with all the CC. Hoping the CC is a tool and not the whole damn show!

Disclaimer. Loved wow, rift, SWG, WH at different times. No desire to debate if they were bad or good. Except AoC, I played that on release for 2 months solid. I gave it all i could but those jerks still owe me $50.

6. Aleister

Aleister Member

All of it. GW2 in general takes all the things that the gaming industry has refused to admit was broken with mmo's for years and fixes it.

But the key points for me are the balance, and WvW. I'm so tired of fighting against 12 year olds who play every waking moment of the day, watching all their mistakes and how poorly they play but still dieing to them because of an overwhelming gear advantage. Also I played DAoC for around 6 years, and I can honestly say I haven't enjoyed pvp that much since. WvW brings back a lot of elements from DAoC, and improves upon them. I can't wait to take my small group of highly organized guildies and go wreck shop on the zerg.

7. FatCheeseMan

FatCheeseMan Active Member

I'm looking forward to it for the simple fact that I never really played pvp in other games. I plan on giving it a solid attempt for the first time. It looks solid and a good learning environment, just hoping I don't ruin it for others with my pvp noobieness.

8. Aleister

Aleister Member

Free kills are always appreciated.

Just kidding. :p It's a lot of fun, just takes practice and a willingness to die, a lot.

9. DonQuitto

DonQuitto Well-Known Member

The fast dynamic skilled based action and thirlls of kills.

10. Caledon

Caledon Teef

WvW! Destroyable Keeps, and also resource requirements to build keeps.

I gotta say that the "newness" of a fresh server is quite appealing, and that first WvW match will be fun as hell!

Skill based, action orientated, combat.

A lack of substantial CC durations.

Hopefully getting involved with a tight and casual guild. I lost the hardcore title through the years, not that I'm old, but I just don't have the time.

11. Keegen

Keegen Member

Played a lot of RvR in Warhammer and really fell in love with that style of game play. So yeah, I'm all in for WvW!

12. novablue

novablue New Member

tournament stuffs

5v5 is gonna be ace

13. xDrac

xDrac Member

Castle sieges, definitely. I love them ever since L2. The excitement is awesome haha

1 person likes this.
  14. ErisLuciferia

ErisLuciferia New Member

WvWvW and all its aspects.

15. Ald

Ald Jack Burton

The ability to WvW while avoiding zergs.

16. Agares

Agares Member

Looking forward to the lack in trinity. Not having 80 minute fights with a healer or tank.

17. Jasher

Jasher Member

WvW and sPvP. The freedom of the professions and combat.

18. Succor

Succor Member

WvW is what, I believe, will make or break GW2 for me and many others. I'm optimistic it makes it. ^^

19. Cogency

Cogency Member

Everything that involves hitting people in the face. ;)
    (ingame, dont worry, not gonna go jay and silent bob on people)

20. marzatplay

marzatplay New Member

I am very disappointed they don't have GvG like in the original. I played GvG for 7 years.