What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by cerberus, Sep 26, 2012.

1. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts?

---

Going through Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge on the original xbox again. Still looks and plays like a dream and, incidentally, this is one of the few last-gen games that truly deserves an HD makeover.

2. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

Not much really. Recently finished Armies Of Exigo, i really awesome game, so underrated and unappreciated cuz people think its a age of empires clone >.>
    Also playing SWToR which is a really nice game and vidndictus, that is about it

3. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

right now, re-run of Red Dead Redemption, need to finish second playthrough of Sleeping Dogs, Assassins's Creed: Brotherhood, and Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I like to do a second playthrough straight after finishing the first one, since on the fisrt one I concentrate more on the story, afterwards, I just like to take my time and do things differently.

I love all the games I mentioned, since I love sandbox games, and the graphics and gameplay in all of them are awsome imho.

4. cerberus

^ Coincidentally, I just got the standalone disc version of RDR: Undead Nightmare. Had high hopes for this as it's such an unusual setting for a zombie game. I can't really point out what is putting me off but for some reason it's just not clicking with me...

5. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

agree with you, Undead is ok, but is basically runing around, shooting zombies and helping ppl. the story line is ok-ish, but after a bit it just gets boring. I've played it, but there isn't much to do in it tbh.

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

Garry's Mod now and then, as always. My main priority is my recent third playthrough of GTA IV, and I'm concidering to replay Prototype1 again because I had problems understanding the story, but from what I understood, it was pretty good, so I want a better view on it before judging it :D Also, after finishing GTA IV for the third time, which is soon, I'll probably play through Ballad Of Gay Tony and The Lost And Damned as well c:

7. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I play these always : CSS, Rome TW, BFBC2...
    I finished MW3 yesterday, and that is it.
    Extremely bored of games atm, I might finish ME3, wich I didnt cuz I had no idea to save Mordin I had to destroy Maelon's work...I got upset and left it at half :p

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

I just finished the last mission before the credits in IV for the third time. This time, though, I chose to do business with Dimitri instead of killing him. I was surprised that that turned out in getting Roman killed and not Kate :p
    The last mission, I had to do it SIX times;
    First, my chopper is shot down by an invisible missile.
    Second, Little Jacob crashes the copper in the water.
    Third, the chopper randomly spins out of control when I take over the controls after Jacob, and it crashes and explodes.
    Fourth, Jacob lands it in the water AGAIN.
    Fifth, Dimitri gets away because the damn cops holds me back.
    Seventh, I finally manage to get Dimitri killed, but I don't even get to see a shot to his head, only let him lie there to die.
    To top this, I had to go through a whole gigantic building and kill shitloads of enemies before doing the rest where I always ended up failing. I don't feel like playing the other stories right now. Do not feel like playing GTA at all xD

9. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

BF3. Approaching my 256 hour of play time. Armored kill was just released for normal account players and Im currently moving threw that.

I need a life...

10. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Are we friends on Battlelog? I'm currently at 260 hours :D

I'm playing a combination of Battlefield 3 and Skyrim. Battlefield for obvious reasons, and someone told me to try and RP as a hobo in Skyrim and it's surprisingly fun. Recommend it to anyone who's interested.

11. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

i'm on 230 hours... But I pretty much haven't played it since the close quarters DLC came out.

I spend my time in Skyrim being a full time drug dealer. Kill other dealers, get their Skooma, Moon sugar and sleeping tree sap, sell most of it and keep a percentage of it for my own personal use. Keep a big dog, kill anyone who dislikes me and make plenty of gold. Init.

12. VanillaToshi

Oh and also I'm playing the first Sniper Elite game atm, just finished playing Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30 and Earned in Blood again recently.

13. Teddy Picker

Armored Kill is fun if you're on PC; unfortunately I'm on console, and it's not that great.

Drug dealer? Fantastic idea. Talk to some store owner: "hey man, I'm sellin, you buyin?"

For more fun, try a Skyrim playthrough where you CAN'T fast travel. You're allowed to take carriages but no fast traveling. It's extremely fun.

14. Skaara Dreadlocks

Hah, noobs! My Garry's Mod playtime is 2142 hours! :D
    Anyway, I love fast travelling in Skyrim. I find it boring to have to walk/ride all the way. It's beautiful and fascinating, but it just takes so much time and gets so boring. Especially when you have to kill bear after wolf after tiger after dragon etc etc. But I do find it very interesting to RP as a normal villager. I was bored in Riverwood, so I bought some regular villager-clothes, an axe and started chopping wood. 'Twas actually pretty fun to RP living and working in Riverwood. It's the most beautiful village in my opinion.
    I always wear Master thieves guild armor and two Blade's blades. And dreadlocks, of course.

15. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Fallout 1 and 2 and Fallout New Vegas.New Vegas is awesome,i just can't put it down.
    Also Worms Reloaded and Portal 1/2.
    What? I have lots of free time these days.I feel like i want to play any game i can find.

16. VanillaToshi

Ever since Close Quarters came out i've lost my love for Battlefield. It's basically a better version of CoD now. I knew Armored kill was gonna suck on console.

I like to choose a quest and then begin my journey from there, no fast travel or carriages just me, sometimes Arvak (Ghost horse thing) and my Bow. If I have no quests to do I usually choose somewhere I haven't been and then head off towards there. That's probably why I come across so many drug dealers. I run everywhere.

Fallout: New Vegas is great to play in Hardcore mode :D Sneak about with the good ol' hunting rifle and shoot them good for nothin' Powder Gangers.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention I find RP in villages etc boring as hell, I do like to dress my guy up as a hunter though and just go out into the wilds and kill every mother fucker. Raid dungeons, slay shit, murder people, fuck bitches.

#16 VanillaToshi, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012
  17. cerberus

Agreed! Played on hardcore for my second playthrough, sided with Caesar. Good fun! But I wouldn't want to relive the endless crashes, bugs, glitches and corrupted saves I experienced during my first playthrough of the game.

18. VanillaToshi

For the crashes I found turning off the kill cam helped me a lot. I'm on xbox though. Didn't have a problem with glitches or anything though, I was pretty lucky considering how buggy it was when it was first released.

I've done every playthrough I think, i'm not sure. I might not have done the Mr.House one though.

19. Teddy Picker

Always went independent in New Vegas, that way I could get both side's loot without caring about reputation; a feature I utterly loathe.

20. vitormaduro

vitormaduro Well-Known Member

You described my feelings perfectly.

Currently I'm replaying Metro and Portal 2, and when I'm bored, DotA 2, Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead 2