Quantcast

What are reasons to buy the game?

Discussion in 'Civilization: Beyond Earth' started by EleGiggle, Jun 15, 2016.

1. EleGiggle

EleGiggle Active Member Regular

Hey, what would convince a potential buyer to actually buy the game? I have heard many bad things about the game and that I should just stick with Civ 5 (which (currently) is my favourite Civ game). Many of my friends also tried me to convince that the game would be very terrible.

What would you tell someone that has Civ experience, but what does it make special and what makes it worth buying?

2. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member Regular

I think it's a cross between sci-fi like Star Wars or Star Trek, combining the gaming capabilities of Civilization games. So it's basically a more futuristic and fictional game, instead of the traditional "through the ages" history lesson from what we have been accustomed with in Civilization. So if you want to experience playing turn based strategy, but jump right into the modern ages, then it's probably a game for you.

3. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member Regular

I think it's not a bad choice if you enjoy scifi strategy games, and were severely let down by Planetary Annihilation. I wouldn't really recommend it over Civ V if you're not into scifi though.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

It's probably a good idea to buy it if you're into sci-fi and futuristic games, but if you expect a classic Civilization game then I wouldn't recommend Beyond Earth at all.

5. Vladimir Logos

Vladimir Logos Member Regular

Not worth buying, better try some pirated version first. BE is sort of like CIV III with extra techs - it does not have the complexity of V, even IV. It reminds me a bit of Supreme Commander, but SC is vastly superior in comparison.

The only 'special' thing about it are some neo-tech ideas, like how the biological, mechanical and digital combine. It applies various transhumanist ideas and it is quite informative for curious minds in that regard. Some future rendition of CIV in space is going to rock if they put some more effort in it - but, for now, it's just kind of average.

6. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

Honestly? I wouldn't recommend the game at all. Even with the current sale on Steam, it's just not worth playing in my opinion. Civ VI is coming out soon, and if you really want to play a game in the franchise, you are better off with Civ V with the DLC.

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

I don't think it is that much worth it as well. Better to just play the old version as that one is much more fun although of course that is just my opinion and there is still a chance that people might like this even over the older version but I think it's a good general measure that many people are also saying the same.

8. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member Regular

Yes, you are right. There are many games released by the same developers that you can try. You can see the sci-fi category on the official site.

9. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member Regular

For me, it's the plot, story and the concept of the game that impresses me and in my opinion, that is one of the main reasons to buy the game.

10. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

Well certainly you would already have an idea that it is a good game for you. I usually am able to tell right away and anything within this series as a sure thing for me.