Quantcast

Whаt's thе right wаy tо dеаl with еаrly аI аggrеssiоn?

Discussion in 'Civilization: Beyond Earth' started by Goodman, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Goodman

Goodman Well-Known Member Regular

I соuld win gаmеs еаsily оn lоwеr diffiсultiеs, but nоw I prеtty rеgulаrly find mysеlf gеtting dесlаrеd wаr оn by twо thrее сitiеs in thе еаrly-mid 100 turns, аnd thеn lоsing thаt wаr. Prеviоusly I just spаmmеd сitiеs аs muсh аs I соuld, built а tоn оf buildings, аnd thеn tоrе my wаy tо а dоminаtiоn viсtоry with tеlеpоrtеrs... hоw dо I kееp up with thе mаssivе аrmiеs thе аI саn build?

2. iRoxas

iRoxas Member Regular

Hm, I'm not actually sure myself, since I'm kind of a beginner in all of this lol. Maybe they have some guides online that could help you if you search for that problem? Or maybe someone more knowledgeable than me in that regard could help you :).

3. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

this is normal. you just need to get more game experience

4. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member Regular

You are right. Almost every game needs experience. No one can master any game without experience. So practise is very important.

5. HappyKoi

HappyKoi Member Regular

Have you tried a lower difficulty level? Sometimes you just have to build up to it. I like to get my military buildings set up fairly early on. It also helps to make a unit to defend your cities early on (this is something that was an absolute MUST in earlier Civilization games). That way, you know you have at least one unit per city. I would say focus on military at your border cities and culture in your more central, protected cities so you have a good balance.

6. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

I'm also just a beginner with this game so I don't know if this would help but maybe you could try a smaller map first so you could learn on a smaller scale and know what strategies to employ. Also it may be worth tinkeri with the settings and seeing if there's anything there making your experience less pleasing.

7. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

I am always someone who will want to fight fire with fire and hit back right away. When I actually think about it, though, it is probably better to be a little more cunning and sneaky and try to strategize against it.