Watch_Dogs: The Primer

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by HarleyQuinn, May 15, 2014.

1. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Administrator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You want “Watch_Dogs” when it officially launches in two weeks – this much is established. But now you want to pre-order the video game like the knowledgeable video gamer that you are but your brain hurts when you see all the pre-ordering options. If you want all 23 perks currently associated with the game, good luck, because you will need to live two places at once or have relatives ship you items only available in certain parts of the world.

For now, if you reside in North America, your easiest and most productive path to “Watch_Dogs” bliss will be to order the Season Pass, which will give you the digital version of the game and every pack and DLC except the White Hat Pack. If you want the actual physical game disc, you can buy the Standard Edition and if you want the White Hat Pack, you will need to get that from the PlayStation Store.

If you want the “Watch_Dogs” map of Chicago, well, you can only get that with the Dedsec Edition, which is only available to those residing in Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia.

If you want exclusive packaging for your “Watch_Dogs” video game, you can get that with the North American Limited Edition or the Vigilante and Dedsec Editions [both of which are only available in Europe, Middle East, Asia and Down Under]. If you want the original soundtrack with that, same group of usual suspects listed above.

If you want Aiden Pearce’s “iconic cap”, then you will need the Vigilante Edition and you will be needing to reside in Europe, Middle East, Asia or Australia.

If you want Aiden Pearce’s vigilante mask as well, then it’s good news for you if you live in the Vigilante Edition region but you can also get it with the Limited Edition in North America.

If you want the steelbook, then the Uplay Edition, Dedsec Edition and Limited Edition [North America] is what you will need to have that trinket.

If you want the artbook and/or the nine-inch Aiden Pearce action figure – then it’s the Limited Edition [North America] or Dedsec Edition for you.

If you want the four augmented reality cards and three exclusive badges, then you must have the Dedsec edition for those.

If you just want the video game with no bells or whistles – that will be available worldwide for Sony PS4, Microsoft Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC on May 27, 2014.

2. I'm surprised that trinkets and paperweights are available outside of the US at all.

Regardless, if I'll be getting it, I'll get the season pass. I don't like physical copies of anything other than books.

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I still don't really get the hype surrounding this game. Perhaps I'm just ignorant, but to me it looks like Ubisoft's attempt at making a GTA game with the conspiracy elements of Assassin's Creed.

4. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I had pretty much zero hype for it up until recently, but most of my friends are getting it. So I guess I'm mainly interested in the social aspect, as well as something to put my machine through its paces with a bit of eye candy. AC4 was a pretty good port in my opinion, so I'm at least somewhat hopeful that Ubisoft has their shit together, especially with all of the delays it's had.

5. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Yeah I don't care for it either...

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

@Komodo: Neither do I :)
    @Bamul: That's actally the exact reason why there's so much hype for it.

Anyway, I like the fact that this post is only commercial for the petty exclusives you can get for the game.

@HarleyQuinn: First of all, I'd like to thank you for coming by again, and for FINALLY GETTING RID OF THAT F****** Call Of Duty Highlight. It was a disgrace to the whole forum for so long, in my honest opinion.
    New games and the commercial for them aren't really Forum Highlights. Far from it, they should be named "Gaming Highlights". But well, no big deal :)

Anyway about Watch Dogs itself: My friend talked to me about this game a while back, and I thought "Hey, that looks awesome", and forgot about the game completely afterwards. In March, I was reminded of it again somehow, and ended up going to the game's homepage, and ended up looking at all current gameplay footage, trailers and screenshots. And then I watched them again. And again, until I decided "Screw it", and bought the Deluxe Edition on 17% sale, for 60€ instead of 70€. Since the beginning of March, I've been hyped up for this game and been watching the trailers over and over again. It looks so amazing.

I completed GTA:SA twice and GTA:IV thrice, and I can't wait for GTA:V to release for PC. In addition, I've always wanted to play the Assassin's Creed games, but for some reason never ended up ever playing any of them.
    My point being, this game looks like a mix of the two, with awesomeness-sauce. To be honest, what draws me most to this game is the appearance of the character you play as, and the fact that it's third-person. Those two things is what usually makes me interested. Other than that, Watch Dogs looks amazing in many other ways. The MP seems a little sketchy and simple, but I'm suspecting that they've released very little information about it, compared to how many different modes there'll actually be. Never the less, the SP will be great, and the story seems decent so far as well. (And the second main character has dreadlocks! :D)

One thing I'm very interested in, after completing Mafia2 five times, is the Mafia-outfit you get for the character with the Deluxe Edition that I've purchased. The coat and clothes become black, you get black gloves and a black Fedora, and the final but most important touch: You get a Tommy Gun. I'm probably going to use the standard model in my first playthrough. The mafia-model, I'll use in the free-roam afterwards, and/or in a possible second run-through of the story.

I don't know, do I sound like a 13 year old kid that's hyped for CoD: Ghosts and playing as a Spec-Ops Dog? :p

P.S: Love the new background :D

7. The final boss will probably have a Nokia 3310.

8. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Zero hype >-> sorry bout that

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

Good one! ;)

Why not?
    [​IMG]

10. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Good thing we don't have a final boss who is a 3310, or else he'd be indestructible.

11. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

For the longest time I had thought that Watch Dogs was originally a television show and some developer decided to make a game out of it.

12. Skaara Dreadlocks

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

Nope, just wanting to play it every single damned day, it's so damn frustrating. Sitting down in front of the computer going "Okay, what to play now? Damn, I don't want to play any other game than Watch Dogs.."

14. Lucky me then, in these kind of situations I'm just working on my channel :)

15. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

It looks so Ubisoft-like

16. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Administrator

We can get a Last Light bg up whenever there's not a skin for a game.

17. Skaara Dreadlocks

Great, thank you! :)

Hahhaha, got more of these? :D

18. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

#20 Bamul, May 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014