Was The Crew a huge letdown?

Discussion in 'The Crew' started by wowtgp, Jan 13, 2015.

1. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

It's been a few months since this game was released. While they promised different types of races and a lot of places to explore, it turned out to be pretty bland. What do you think of this game?

2. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I stopped playing. That's pretty much how I feel about it.

3. troutski

Regular

I decided to hop into a few races tonight, and it definitely didn't change my opinion.

4. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

Hah troutski. Yes, the crew is a bit of a letdown. Not that enjoyable as I thought...

5. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think it did quite well and, was a good game which had a good story and was engaging and seemed like a game which has nice graphics. I have enjoyed playing it and, the map has a big range and for it seemed real good and story should have been told more better for the players. I think the online feature did work at times and sometimes it did not work and depending on internet connection it could work or not at times.

6. troutski

Regular

It was a solid game. There are some bright spots in the game, but it doesn't redefine the genre or add anything that hasn't been done before. That's the biggest reason why I barely play it now, even though it's a recently released game.

7. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

Have to agree with troutski. Apparently, i'm more inclined to play NFS more than ever now.

8. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would say it's a solid title, though rather generic. It didn't live up the hype and expectations that Ubisoft generated, and thus, suffered heavily because of it. It didn't thread new ground, and was an average racing game. The thing it did well was the landmarks in the miniaturized U.S. But, that was not enough to save the title from going into somewhat-obscurity.

9. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic Well-Known Member

Ya it was definitely overhyped and is a huge let down.

10. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah it was a let down. I played this game months ago and after 3 weeks of playing this game I stopped.

11. shadowsupernature

shadowsupernature Active Member

The problem with the Crew (as well as most of Ubisoft's games as of late) is that it was hyped too much. And it's really their own fault. The media hyped it, but THEY themselves were talking the Crew up to the high heavens.

If they would have kept expectations reasonable, this game wouldn't have taken the critical beating it did.

The mentality would have been "you know, this game is pretty good".

But because of Ubisoft's hyping, the mentality after release became "I expected more for all the talk of this game".

12. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

I never saw the crew as a let down in anyway. It was actually better than I thought it would be considering it came from Ubisoft of all people. I have to say overall it was a very enjoyable time playing it for me, sadly my friends don't play it as much since they went to GTA V :(

13. Obi

Obi Well-Known Member

This game is one of the reasons ubisoft baffles me. They manage to sell the same Assassin's Creed game every year without any diminishing returns, but when it comes to a decent racing game they overhype it themselves to the point where everyone feels like they've been let down.

I thought the game was alright, but not as good as I expected it to be

14. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, Ubisoft makes a lot of "odd" decisions like this. The game is decent, though the expectations generated by the massive hype were to great. That, and not fast enough updates, likely burned newcoming and veteran players.

15. Obi

Obi Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. I was so excited for the game that I convinced my friend to get it, he won't let me live it down. I don't even remember what it was that got me so hyped, Aisha Tyler was basically shouting at me to buy it and I listened.

16. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can't say for sure, as I've only played it for about an hour at a friend's place. I kind of enjoyed it, even though it's clearly not my cup of tea. However, given that I've heard absolutely NOTHING about it ever since it launched, I think that it was a definite failure on Ubisoft's behalf. Poor marketing, probably.