Quantcast

Virtual Reality

Discussion in 'Civilization VI' started by Sad Puppy, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

Brian Busatti is a cool developer. Respect

2. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

I would have to agree with this. VR seems best for the games where you want to look around and see things in real time, whereas Civilization is all about sitting back and planning, so it just would not really translate. That said, though, I am sure they could incorporate it into aspects of the game if they really wanted to, but I do not see the need. Just seems unnatural.

3. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

I think that we would have a choice if we wanted to play VR or the more traditional method, at least for now. VR is still a new concept and we still have to get used to the idea of it.

4. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

I do not really think it needs any VR system, it's already being developed with an amazing graphic source, it's more than enough for the type of game, but it wouldn't be a bad idea whatsoever.

5. matchv

matchv Well-Known Member Regular

I also respect him. He is one of the best developers out there and he is also very intelligent. I am a fan of him.

6. matchv

I agree with you. It will look unnatural. They should make a new game with a completely new interface and then they should implement the VR feature.

7. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member Regular

They can design a new game. I think this is the best idea because this game is not suitable for this type of game.

8. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member Regular

You are right. He is a solo developer and he makes amazing games. I have played almost all the games made by him.

9. SirJoe

That could happen in the future but I still think that they have to find a way of bridging the old with the new. We will have to wait and see what Civ VI brings.

10. matchv

I want it the developers to implement it now. I don't want to wait for years for that feature. I hope the developers would think on that topic.

11. SirJoe

I don't think that you will have to wait for years. Everything is indicating that VR is closer then what we think. This something that the gaming community really need.

12. matchv

That may happen because many millionaires are spending money from their pockets to evolve the VR technology. I hope we will see some awesome games with VR interface.

13. matchv

I think it will have those features. Well, the games without VR in today's era would be less interesting to play and that is why they need to implement that feature.

14. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

i think he is the best developer

15. SirJoe

I don't think it has to be millionaires Microsoft and Sony are more then capable of developing both the software and the hardware for it.

16. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

I'm personally not a believer that this googles version of VR is the future but maybe later stages of it might have the potential to live up to the hype, but of course I may be wrong. Still, I do agree that I think if or when VR does take over, it may be necessary or beneficial for most games to join in.

17. SirJoe

VR was launched in the PlayStation not so long ago so it's all a question of time before it makes it's way to all the games. I still don't fully understand what it will be like to play Civilizations in VR but I guess we just have to wait and see what it will be like.

18. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

That is pretty exciting. I am not really sure if it will happen or how realistic it would be, but if it were anything remotely good I can see it being a great addition to the game. I love it.