Underwater Combat And Exploration In Guild Wars 2: Why It Will ROCK

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2 News' started by Unknown, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

When there are large bodies of water in a game, what kind of interaction do players usually get with them? We’re used to simple interactions like swimming on the surface or fishing, but we know the world under the water is just as lively as on land, but many games never show us what beneath the surface. Well step into the next generation of water adventures where Guild Wars 2 is making all the rights moves to bring us down into the deep with unique combat, monsters, cities and races. We’ll show you how the developers have crafted this unique underwater experience.

Read up on underwater combat by clicking the link below.
    Guild Wars 2 PC: Underwater Combat and Exploration

Well, what do you guys think? There's a lot to like about underwater combat and exploration in Guild Wars 2, especially with the amount of content being shown already. It may seem weird at first, but swimming is just as natural as walking. If you're not convinced yet, you'll just have to try it out yourselves when beta hits.

2. Serendipity

Serendipity Member

That looks amazing! Love the trident.

3. Persian

Persian Well-Known Member

good read ( new here btw ) if you guys want to look into some of the underwater races here is the krait http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Krait They have an interesting culture and even a religion lol

"The krait are a serpentine, xenophobic, aquatic race that lives along and within the Tarnished Coast, though originally from the Unending Ocean.[1] They are slavers who build shark-guarded, undersea towers, which house their air-breathing slaves which they keep as a food source."

4. Cullen

Cullen Member

I can't wait to check that out - and the Krait culture definitely sounds interesting. So do the underwater towers...

5. Knives

Knives Well-Known Member

Another cool thing is that your movement speed wont be any slower when swimming underwater i believe, In other games they made you move a lot slower which i highly disliked.

6. Persian

Persian Well-Known Member

all we need now is boats lol

7. Brains

Brains Well-Known Member

They should make an underwater race for an expansion!

8. Jona

Jona New Member

Wow this is what makes me so excited for this game!! They miss nothing!