Unbiased overwatch reviews?

Discussion in 'Overwatch (MOBA)' started by StillWinning, Mar 30, 2016.

1. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

Who are the people making the best reviews of their experience right now? I am having trouble finding any of these on youtube without it either being very harsh criticism or blind fanboyism, and I'm just looking for some weighed pros/cons that don't have some snarky attitude behind them...

DeeDee likes this.
  2. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Haven't found any so sorry I don't have any recommendations to contribute to your thread but I completely agree with you that most reviewers are too snarky and full of it. I understand they do that to put emphasis and to give themselves a bit of style but it just comes off like they are trying too hard to me

3. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well most people who have access to the game are closed beta invitees chosen by Blizzard themselves, hence it's understandable why all reviews would be positive. Wait for the game to be released first if you want an unbiased review.

4. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

You'll have to wait until there are enough reviews for one of the meta cites to aggregate them. We'll get a general sense of where the game is at from an aggregate. That won't happen until the game is released.

5. Kinomir

Kinomir Member
    Regular

Don't know any unbiased reviews yet, but Totalbiscuit is probably the closest you are going to get. He is relatively unbiased for most reviews, but I will say that he is a blizzard fanboy so you'll have to take his opinion with a grain of salt.

(would give you link, but I don't meet the post requirement yet, sorry :p )

6. erook7878

Regular

We'll see plenty of reviews coming in lately with the beta out for the public. I'm not sure who will review it fairly, but I'm sure they are out there. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the bigger names review the game.

7. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

Well for starters don't look to YouTube for reviews. There are several gaming news and review sites out there that will do a better review. Any of the major or relevant ones will have reviews and info on Overwatch.

8. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah this is what I tend to do as well. I almost never trust official reviews because they are most of the time closer to the developers than they are to the consumers. Not all the time, and not all of them, I admit, but user reviews are much more trustworthy in my opinion.

9. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's really hard to find an unbiased reviewer nowadays. The best advice that I can give you is find a reviewer that has the same preferences as yours. Say, for example, a reviewer who loves MOBA games and knows its ins and outs. Then, you might end up agreeing with his points as compared to a reviewer that is an expert in MMORPG games.

That being said, here's a few gamers/reviewers that I find are least biased:
    • Kotaku
    • Destructoid
    • Dtoid
    The first two always gives out lengthy reviews that are full of information. They don't really rate the games but rather discuss them at full length. Dtoid is just a fun reviewer, he makes you laugh and all that.

I hope this helps!

P.S.

They have Overwatch reviews.:)

10. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

@daredevil makes some good suggestions. Way better than search turning up random biased crap on YouTube.

11. erook7878

Regular

The aggregate sites are great for that. It's good to see the average opinion as opposed to individual ones. Who know what kind of biases you have to deal with.

12. erook7878

Regular

Kotaku is always great for content. I like that they are informational for the most part. They stray away from the whole 3 stars or any type of concrete rating like other reviewers.

13. KBB

KBB New Member

I would stay away from Kotaku, in my opinion. They're infamous for making up lies in interviews, giving fake content, and just outright writing false articles for the sake of click bait. Even if it's for something like a game review, I wouldn't trust them. They've already shown what their morals are so I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they were paid on multiple occasions to sway their opinions.

My suggestion to OP is to find a YouTube reviewer whose tastes align with your own and trust their review of the game. It's honestly the best way to try to get a review most legitimate to what you feel is right.

14. ADE001

ADE001 Member
    Regular

Don't just read or watch reviews though, also watch some game play videos on youtube, find a steamer on twitch and read forums like these for information from other players. This way you get a good look and feel of the game and you know whether everything works the way it is supposed to. After all the recent game release problems with bugs, server issues and with many triple A titles not living up to the expectation, this is often how I will decide whether I will buy a game or not.

15. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Most reviews I've seen since the game released have been 9.5 and higher, so it seems like it's unanimously loved. If you tried out the beta I'm sure you know if you like it or not already though.